Emergency Food Storage Co Uk

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    living in the countryside we need a larder just in case we cant get to the shops for any reason, which are a 40-50 mile round trip anyway.
    people in cities and large towns have more access to stores- which are nearer, and probably don't store that much, at one time I knew people who bought daily only for that evenings meal.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We got used to keeping a large pantry when we moved to the country and were getting paid once a month. We would buy once a month. It's about a 30 or 40 miles round trip to town for me too. We have a little country store a convenience store or two and a Dollar General Store in the little population 500 village that I live a mile out of but for better prices and selection it is about 20 miles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    We have a small supermarket and a petrol/gas station shop that run out of stuff as soon as bad weather hits, I've long ago learned to keep a well stocked larder as well as a deep store of UHT milk, cans, dried goods and grains that keep well long term.
    I also keep my maximum amount of ammunition as each round for my .22lr is a potential meal..(legally I have a limit as to how much I can keep and I'm restricted to buying one "brick" at a time.) Grain that is spoiled can be used to bait deer and wildfowl so it's not wasted. (I've had a lot of pheasant this year by setting a feeder and sitting comfortably by the window just 50 meters away with my rifle) it's not sporting but it's bloody effective.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ystranc, Sporting is for sporting events. Food on the table is about being effective. I will keep your hunting technique in mind for the near future.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I never knew a time when my family didn't have a large larder. The pantry was full and the cellar was fullererererererererr. My paternal grandmother put back enough for a military unit. She often fed her nieces and nephews, for her sisters had married the men of their father's choosing. Not my grandma, she married the fellow she chose to marry, a man who was a provider. Oh, the stories!

Born at the end of the 1890s, she knew no other way but to prepare for the worst, for the worst did surely come-'round when least expected. Welcome to life. They left nothing to chance. On a couple of occasions bad guys tried to rob my dad's dad. He once drove-off a knife-wielding would-be robber. Another time, he shot a knife-wielding would-be robber. Things were as they were. Pap taught me to tie a hangman's noose when I was five. In his day, the hangings were a public event. All would gather out back of the county courthouse to watch a felon get sent back to his Maker. Then after some prayer session, it was time for a big celebration supper. What they considered entertainment could be a bit harsh.

TMT Tactical likes this.