Emigration From South To North?

Discussion in 'Climate Change' started by Keith H., Feb 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What are your thoughts on what it is going to be like when people start emigrating en mass from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Hemisphere due to extreme heat from climate change? These people will be true refugees, with little to no money of their own. We can not sell our properties before we leave because no one will want to purchase them! Everyone will be leaving!
    By this time there will be crop failures & food shortages worldwide. The Northern Hemisphere could be in ice age conditions.
    Keith.

Morgan101 likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry Keith, I may be a little dense today but I am not sure what your post is asking. Is it the migration of refugees for the southern hemisphere or the concern of an ice age in the northern hemisphere? Are you asking if we should be prepared to invade the southern hemisphere or repel the invaders from the southern hemisphere?

3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry mate I thought it was fairly clear.
    "What are your thoughts on what it is going to be like when people start emigrating en mass from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Hemisphere due to extreme heat from climate change?"

Okay I will try it another way. "What do you think will be the results or life changes for people in the Northern Hemisphere when there is a mass emigration of people entering Northern Hemisphere countries from the Southern Hemisphere due to climate change/global warming?
    Keith.

4. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I may have been brain dead but I got it now. I will look at them like I would any other invading army. They were not invited, I don't want or need them and they sure as heck are not welcomed by me. We would have enough problems without adding million more dependent folks to deplete our resources. AND for some of the folks out there, it is not a Christian attitude but then I don't deal in warm and fuzzy but in reality and how it would affect me or mine.

Now turn it around the other way. We needed to evacuate the Northern hemisphere due to an ice age, does anybody see the folks in the southern hemisphere welcoming us? We would be considered invader and rightly so. Each country should and must look out for their own people, just like we would look out for our families before worrying about strangers or even our neighbors. Family and country first and warm and fuzzy way down the line.

5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No, sorry mate but I do not look at it this way. I can't say I would be pleased to have Australia overrun by Americans, but in all good conscience I could understand your plight & need & could not turn you away.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe I am really confused, but if the Southern Hemisphere is burning up from the extreme heat, and the Northern Hemisphere is in Ice Age conditions that doesn't leave much for anybody. Where will any of us go? Is there some temperate zone in the middle?

This sounds like a true TEOTWAWKI scenario.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Obviously I have been thinking about this myself Morgan, I guess it would not hurt to check it out, but at this time it is difficult to predict where would be safe to go. One think appears to be sure, unless something happens such as another catastrophic event, climate change is going to get worse until it becomes an End Of The World event. The majority of people will NOT do anything to stop this until it starts to effect their present lifestyle, & by then it will be too late.
    Keith.
    4e2aa2d4478711da70fca3ef1a93dc11.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    First off you can't have an Ice Age and global warming. both are THEORETICALLY caused by a world wide weather pattern and are not inclusive. You have to pick one or the other.

I will tell you, come to Texas you will love it here. Aussies, at least all the ones that I have met here, are good people and we would love to have you. Australia's population is about the same as the New York City metropolitan area. 24 million. While the population of the US is a lot higher (350 million), we are far from crowded. If we could take in all the Vietnamese boat people and all the Iranians and Mexicans I don't see a bunch of Aussies as much of a problem. You already speak English and most of you would come here and go to work instead of doing like so many of the other unwanted refugee/immigrants that mostly just want to go on welfare.

Another plan might be going to Canada. They have more undeveloped land than even Australia. If we do warm up as some predict Canada will be the place to be! It would also be comfortable to most of you in that their Government is much like yours and not as varied as in the US. Canada is a Republic while the US is a Union of individual states each with a certain level of autonomy.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. This isn't the first time this has happened and while it really is hard on people in the areas most effected it isn't TEOTWAWKI. The Sahara Desert was a lust jungle at one time. The Mediterranean basin was mostly dry at one time. There was a time when NYC was under 2 miles of ice. Climate change is one constant on this planet. Honestly I'm not sure that we have all that much control over it. Long before people ever reached a point where it was even possible to effect the weather it was constantly changing. It just seems worse now because we live in a Global community.

When the droughts destroyed the South American and Central American Cultures the people in Asia, Africa and Europe didn't know about it and so didn't worry about it. The news media makes money selling death, doom despair and disaster. It makes it seem like the world is in crisis but the reality is that it has changed very little. The biggest issue is that in the areas most affected by droughts and famines have been bailed out and "helped" through their famines until there are now about three times as many people there as the land will support even in the good years. THAT is a huge disaster just waiting to happen! That is one thing that we have done to ourselves.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Well said TexDamn.

10. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that climate change will be a case of north vs. south; rather it will be a case of low vs. high latitudes Places like southern Chile and Argentina, New Zealand, and maybe Tasmania will heat up, but no more than other places in the U.S. at the same latitude, e.g., Utah, central California,Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

I live at 42 deg N lat, and -- if I'm still alive when the temperature becomes about 6-8 deg C higher -- I'd be a lot more worried about the refugees from El Paso or Houston than the ones from Central America or Brazil, simply because they're closer and have more guns.

Actually, if I were afraid that a major temperature increase would happen in my lifetime (which I kinda doubt) and if I had the money (which I don't), my first choice to relocate would be either northern Alberta or southern Chile.

11. Hick Industries

Hick Industries Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    I would expect the climate for Austrailia to be driven by the changes in the Pacific ocean, ie the ENSO cycle. This cycle is most affected by solar activity and the Russian have had good results predicting ENSO at least 5 yrs out. Changes in the south west desert areas of the US are strongly affected by the same cycle.

I dont forsee a lot of folks migrating in response to climate change, because the actual climate has not changed in the direction, or the magnitude predicted. We might see 1/2 C colder, but its nearly imposible for the Earth to get 6-8 C warmer.

Btw, i have already completed my move. I purchased land further south to avoid a possible little ice age.

Morgan101, Duncan and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Well, I used the same rationale to move from Mesa AZ to Twin Falls ID lol!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  13. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well I guess I will just plan for the worst, and hope for the best because I am not going anywhere.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think its more of a case of the other way around, as the north gets colder people will move to warmer climes.
    if everyone moves then I will be left on my own which will suit my purposes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I’m just going to sit back and watch the show.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The thing is that you can't base climate predictions off WEATHER patterns. They are on totally different time scales. You also can't base global climate predictions off local weather patterns. You can have a massive heat wave in one place while having a massively harsh winter someplace else at the SAME time. Every time we have a hot summer it is global warming but the fact that we had the worst heat waves many years ago and nothing like that since is totally ignored.

The way that the scientific method is supposed to work is that you gather information, then based on that information you make predictions. You later compare your predictions to what actually happened and then adjust and fine-tune your theory. Twenty-five years ago they predicted that in five years the north polar ice cap was going to melt and the polar bears were going to die. Five years later the amount of ice hadn't significantly changed and the bears were doing fine. Five more years and the same and five more years the same thing is being said. Twenty-five years they have predicted the same thing every year with no change. This is NOT science this is a SCAM! If it was REAL science they would have adapted their theory to the facts.

The polar bears are doing great. In fact, I am beginning to wonder and sort of believe that they are actually more adaptable now than people. I assure you that a bear would in no way be threatened by a "flood" that was measured in inches per year.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    polar bears are not doing great, they need sea ice to be able to hunt and the sea ice is getting less and less earlier and earlier.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Polar bears EAT seals. Seals NEED ice to hide from the bears. The polar bears will do fine chasing the seals on dry land. If things warm up the polar bears will find other prey. Bears, other than how people used to be, are the most adaptable animals on the planet. I don't think that anyone has been stupid enough to say that ALL the ice would melt and never freeze again. the bears are fine. If worse comes to worst they will move south and become Growler bears. This is and has been happening for decades anyway.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    this is the reason why they are in Churchill Canada when there is no sea ice.
    polar bears starve when there is no sea ice as they cant catch seals in open water.
    no polar bears where I live, at least not yet!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Keith,

Am not knowledgeable on climate change.

I do know that worldwide food shortages are a hoax - unless caused by military or economic warfare.

There has been some warming to allow for a Northwest Passage through Canada.

There is also a Northeast Passage - also known as the Norther Route-White Sea Russian ports to China for grain ships.

If Greenpeace gets a new Rainbow Warrior II boat and interferes with the Ru-PRC grain trade on the Northern Route, the area Coast Guards might not arrive in time for rescue operations.

21. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:

Just curious. Has Greenpeace ever interfered with Russian ships in the past? Is it just my perception or would Russia be far less tolerant about Environmental Groups interfering with their trade?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    I believe it was interference with a Gazprom drilling platform about 5 years ago. The Greenpeace protesters were charged with piracy but recall charges were dropped by Russian court.

TMT Tactical likes this.