Evacuation Aircraft

Discussion in 'Going Off The Grid' started by poltiregist, Sep 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    How many members do we have that either have an evacuation aircraft or is working toward that goal ? I know Alaska John has that goal in mind . I have my grandson taking flying lessons at a college with an escape airplane in mind for the future .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just something I thought might help someone and a add on to the above post . It is quite possible through a government sanctioned flying school a person can get their flying license for free through various grants . My Grandson did and that was without the pale grant . Hopefully he will be able to attend the flying school for two years if the grants continue to materialize .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    They are very easy to appropriate.......hehehehe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have some experience at repossessing aircraft. It is so easy that it is silly easy. Many don't even have keys, for the door or the ignition. Just magnetos. Some don't even have starters, you just hand prop them.

There are far more skilled pilots then aircraft. Suggest being aware that someone like me may have bugged out with your aircraft nine minutes before your pilot shows up.

Based on my 911 Twin-Tower SHTF nightmare.........I would not have any plan to bug-out post SHTF in the lower 48 states. Where Alaska John is it would be easy. But a serious SHTF........they "Really-Really-Really" will shoot any aircraft down, or more likely force it to (crash) land off improved runway, in a field will away from any population.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    My goal of getting my pilots license is simply to give me certain mobility options. None of my plans depend on bugging out by air. But in Alaska, having this as an option is a game changer. As Sourdough says, we may only have one shot at this.

1. Sourdough
      In Alaska having access to an aircraft........is a massive asset for putting meat on the table and trapping.

Sourdough, Sep 7, 2020
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    This strategy is an expensive strategy but if someone is living in an un- survivable location they might want to give it some serious thought . My location is in my opinion " one of " , if not the best survivable locations in the lower 48 . But I am sure some on here think differently as to where the most survivable location might be . --- However to be honest survival is certainly taken into consideration in our airplane strategy but a high dollar career is also on the table . Our young pilot has just started down this path and has already been confronted with multiple different job opportunities .

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If everyone has grabbed a plane and headed-out before one can steal an aircraft themself, then there is the matter of balloons.

Me, I wouldn't do it, but there was Lawnchair Larry; he's one of the ones who have survived ... by the skin of his teeth.

Better pray that the winds are with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawnchair_Larry_flight

ba9f6e70ce3c46e06c638d831d4e77ec.jpeg

There's cluster-ballooning. Sounds like a cluster-#### to me, but then there are the "adventurists" (i.e. brain-damaged) out there. Would this be called "straight-up bugging-out"? I once saw a hot air balloon that did NOT go straight up. They went straight into some woods.

http://clusterballoon.org/intro/intro.html

There's your motorized hang-gliders (bad weather would be bad for you):

upload_2020-9-7_18-47-21.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Will be staying on terra firma for any SHTF or TEOTWAWKI event. Either on land or on the water but no plans for aircraft for bugging out. I considered there use for transportation but the negatives out weighted the positives. I also considered the national emergency response concerning aircraft and in most instances there would be a good possibility that here in the lower 48 trying to leave your area by air may get you shot down or at least forced down and arrested/detained. Not worth the risk for me. I intend to bug in and if things get bad enough for me to bug out it will be by road or waterway.

Dale