Expect Inflation...........to 30% And On Up To 70% And Higher.

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Sourdough, Sep 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "ALASKAN"
      352/460

Blog Posts:
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "ALASKAN"
      352/460

Blog Posts:
    I remember 22% interest on home loans in the late 70's.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      477/575

Blog Posts:
    Prime at 22% and too many folks had been sold on the Variable Interest Home Loans, with no caps. Mortgages payment went from a thousand a month to 5,000 a month. Foreclosures hand over fist. Very bad time for many.

4. Brownbear

Brownbear Expert Member
      183/230

Blog Posts:
    The issue is that we have a financial system that relies on continuing growth within a finite set of resources. It is the big flaw of Capitalism. When Adam Smith wrote Wealth of Nations and coined the term capitalism it was in a time when the world's population was tiny compared to today, and the thinking was that resources were limitless (in a way they were back then and if the population had remained the same as in the 18th century we would not have many of the current global problems).

The key question is what could Capitalism be replaced with that would be accepted as an alernative system. Communism has been shown over time not to work (and would be deeply unpopular in the western world).

We will be faced with higher inflation in the future as resources get scarce. Are we seeing the beginning of the end of Capitalism? I suspect we are, the signs are there. Tough times ahead for many folks :(

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we live in a consumer society and people have to keep consuming for this to function, that is why a lot of stuff is such crap and breaks and we have to buy new, if we didn't the whole system would collapse.
    trouble is people are now in heavy debt because of this consuming, and I wonder how long this can go on before the debt overcomes the consuming.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    Inflation will vary from country to country and for different reasons . Some of South Americas countries can be drawn out as examples of hyper inflation due to poor government systems . Countries that were depending on U.S. generosity to holdup their flawed government systems are howling when the resources from an successful government slowed down . They lash out in anger spouting fake news as truth as they search to blame their plight on the U.S. . Even within the U.S. we have communist wanting to take over the government HOPING for inflation as they know as things stand today Donald Trump will be in charge of our government for five more years . The central banks at this point play very far down the track as far as inflation goes . Inflation is kicking in big time in some countries but they need to look at themselves for the cause and the solution .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Sourdough

Sourdough "ALASKAN"
      352/460

Blog Posts:
    I see this trade war and the resulting tariffs as an intentional effort to drive up cost of goods, a step in stimulating wage increases, and a general effort to stimulate inflation, with the goal of kicking the can down the road. Inflation is the only cure for the National Debt.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  8. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    Sourddough I actually agree with your view that this is an intentional effort to drive up the cost of goods . My other view is that citizens of nearly all "if not all " countries or a spoiled bunch of woosies . They have learned to expect exported goods to bring them wealth and imported goods to bring them LUXURIES . They refuse to stand on their own ability and survive and make do with what their own country can provide . I am sure our Alaska members know how to catch a fish , kill a moose and live without all that fancy stuff . Many countries have gone way past being able to feed its own population and are way past a need for a population reset . I suppose that is a cold attitude but I try to be realistic .

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.