Face Masks For Outside Use

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Oct 4, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.outsideonline.com/2416950/wearing-face-masks-outside-exercising-coronavirus

Good afternoon all,

Link is a comprehensive article on face mask use for the outside.

Note the Amy Mueller comment "...what matters is how well a mask seals around the wearer's face".

My afternoon rambling;

I believe that CDC still does not encourage the general public to wear N95's and better eg P100s since the supplies are being immediately allocated to responder/critical groups eg health care, submariners, ...

I notice the absence of mention to cover eyes.

A major public health problem in re form fitting masks is the population precluded from using form-fitting because of respiratory ailments of some kind. Are there people - I am one of them - to br restricted from the necessary errands of the quarantine such as grocery store shopping, vititing pharma stores like CVS, Rite Aide ?

My public health / public policy question is still:

Is it better to be in a grocery store passing someone with a rudimentary piece of cotton mask who had no flu shot or someone with no face covering who had the current flu shot ? I'm thinking about the outdoors also.

My big "concern" is why the health authorities requires store signs to mention some symptoms of COVID-19 like - fever -. There are so many ailments generating fevers and just having a fever with no real ailments - stirs up some viewers.

Meanwhile, might as well also add a face shield.

TMT Tactical likes this.