Facial Recognition System Working

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    With the so-call protester wearing face mask or maybe others method to disguise themselves how can the system able to recognize anyone? In this days of face mask data fusion of several biometric identification is needed for example combination of gait recognition + face recognition. Obviously gait recognition require far larger sampling of each subject and in practice need more serious supporting infrastructure. For example my own personal library for online face recognition every person require 20MB of space, multiply that to the amount of people I've scanned of the internet the figure quickly grew to the point it need a dedicated supporting infrastructure of which I couldn't afford without commercializing it (of which I don't intent to do)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Facial recognition is only being tested. Gait recognition is already used in certain US airports. I know none of the IT technology but did attend a seminar on how certain smart phones have some type of software ... like marine biologists attach to released sharks to track them ... that transmits gait characteristics of smart phone holder/user.

For experiencing protester confrontations, the US authorities use the more traditional - but upgraded - irritant gases and smoke to restrict protestors' vision. All this can be augmented by stronger measures such as microwave heat waves.

The "system" need not recognize anyone. It will be zone-oriented. Anyone remaining in a zone announced as restricted will be arrested and confined.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Gait recognition can be build on top of existing system as long the optic package (cameras +IR illuminator) is good enough. Both face recognition or face recognition is just software ++ database suite. Such system is what I've provided (among many others) to authority around here, mostly for CT related or in support of COIN

My old non smartphone from early 2009 had already able to recognize human face, albeit not facial recognition but merely focus assist. These days facial recognition can be included as a stand alone system in smartglasses (assuming someone willing to developing such product)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

It's a little slower of fielding this technology here because it is also aeronautical mounted.

Soon enough drone use will be restricted for provate citizen use.

Otherwise, yes, it's the same here although instead of anything routinely labeled as COIN, it's for anti-terrorism and crime-supression.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Its slower because you American are too busy to Fairly Redistributing Wealth

All the better that way. There just too many nutjobs flying around drones haphazardly nowadays. Less and less people make any sense these days. Some kind of legal entrance barrier need to be put in place

Well we here also calling it crime prevention. But I'm not a politician, I'm the guy who develop / build stuffs, so I always use precise term

TMT Tactical likes this.