Fear is good

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by FuZyOn, Jun 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I've seen so many people run away from fear and the truth is.. you can never escape it, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you did. Fear is something natural that's part of who we are, it's not necessarily a bad thing. In small quantities fear can actually be beneficial, that's how your brain knows what risks are worth taking and what you should stay away from.
    Without fear you wouldn't resist in a survival situation.

Moroccanbeauty2266 likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Unless of course a person is so fearful of losing or letting someone down or putting up with continuous bullying or ridicule or have a fear of dying slowly from starvation, that they commit suicide. Then fear is not such a good helper.
    Keith.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Of course, those are the worst case scenarios in which fear is not the best thing in the world, but in small quantities fear is more than welcome to be part of my life. I like to think that everything that we feel is natural and we shouldn't run away from that, no matter how bad we think it is. Anxiety, anger and fear are all helpful in small dosages, otherwise we wouldn't have been born with them.

4. NormaD

NormaD New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Fear is a normal and natural part of our lives. The trick is to remember not to let it control you. Yes it does come in handy for helping us make decisions and to survive, but if we let it carry us away then we will be lost to it, incapable of making sound decisions that will ensure our survival.

5. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Non pathologic fear is alright. The fear will encourage a person to perform well in the struggle to avoid a dreaded situation, like doing your best to foraging or hunting to avoid something so awful like starvation is, make a sturdy shelter in order to prevent being exposed to the dangers of the environment etc.

Since you don't have a choice but to do it the best you can to prevent starvation,dehydration, being mauled by a predator, assaulted etc. Fear will contribute to be a morale booster that improves your perfomance. You know that
    being lazy means death.

6. glreese

glreese Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure if I agree with this. You can be aware of danger without having fear. Fear causes me to freeze. It causes me to doubt and think the worst. In a survival situation it is important to think the best.

7. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I guess being aware of your fears is good but that you need to watch out that they do not control your actions.
    Fear definitely influences your actions as much as you let it happen. And yes it can numb you to a certain point.
    However, fear can also be a challenge for you to overcome. Every time you face your fear you are challenged, your brain is challenged. What do you do?
    So either you let it control your life or you take it as a challenge to overcome it and move forward in your life.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    fear is what gives us the edge in a survival event, flight or flight.