Fishhook Removal Trick

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by DrOrFish, Jul 24, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. DrOrFish

DrOrFish New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey there fellow Prepper

Wanted to share with you a fishhook removal trick I found online after my own recent misadventure

Keep your eyes open

Happy Prepping

DH

2. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    UGH! How about when it has gone through the flesh and come out, but is still embedded in the...oh...let's say the bottom of a small child's foot? Sound familiar?

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. GateCrasher

GateCrasher Expert Member
      247/345

Blog Posts:
    Never saw that exact technique before, but another tool for the Fish Hook Removal mental toolbox. Thanks.

If the barb went all the way through Radar then see the bottom set of images in this pic.

b8bd8eed8c0b889ed2de0da96892b5d4.jpeg

4. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Theoretically speaking, perfect.
    I might have always wondered how that was done, since if I had been a parent in that situation I would have been too busy holding on to small child offering comfort instead of paying attention to how the removal was done. Not that I ever was...:eek:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    No matter what is done the first one is gonna hurt and do damage.

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    That was my thought on the video with the pig leg, it's going to hurt and tear things up.
    The top illustration, not much better.
    The bottom photo where the hook and barb are cut off and hook pulled on through, yes.

7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Just don't hook yourself in the eyeball! Ugh, it happens. (Note to self: when fishing, wear sunglasses or something, lol.)

8. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I was being sarcastic about not having ever had that happen and actually did have to hold on to my small child (gently) while the foot was numbed, and the hook pushed and pulled on through the foot to remove the hook. Nasty. Just another one of those accidents kids have. There were so many.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:

This almost happened to me. I was young and dumb and cast my line into the wake of the back of the boat and the lure came back and buried its self in my cheek. Had to use a needle nose to get it out which took forever. Felt like a major pimple in my face.

TMT Tactical likes this.