Ft 100d Ham Radio In My Truck....

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by watcherchris, May 5, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    My main Bug out vehicle is my truck...my pick up....and hence I want to have the Coms working well in said vehicle.

To my surprise, of recent, I discovered that the remote mount for the headpiece of the FT 100 radio was broken in the notch wherein it holds the radio secure.

I managed to obtain two more but they did not quite fit correctly with the fasteners which came with my olde mount. Obtaining a micro set of taps....I drilled out the hole for the electric connection and tapped them for the available screws. While i was at it, I also tapped the second mount in like manner.

Installing the mount and using the original long screws....it worked fine.and I made a local VHF contact to a fellow ham....this morning.

This radio in particular has HF for long range coms and also VHF/UHF for short range coms. It has also been modified for the CB bands though this is not a good AM mode rig...but it is a great SSB mode rig...FM too.

Nonetheless....it is good to have the Comms working again in my primary Bug Out Vehicle should the need arise.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Need also to go through the BOB in the back of that truck for updates and some new gear..

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you live where I believe you to be living, then having a bug-out plan is crucial.

There are too many weak people living in that area and when any one of a number of SHTF events occurs, they will go strange. Where I live is being invaded by loonies with money. Hopefully, they will scoot when things get bad. Too, locals will shut them down. Most loonies aren't armed and these interlopers are a distinct minority.

The wifer has been studying places for sale in my home state (she is mega-organized, great at finances; her father was a stellar manager of large retail stores). Problem is that investment concerns are grabbing up real estate. Real estate is real, even if prices drop, still physical property is not going to just leave the planet. Stock values on the other hand could drop to nothing.

Add to this, interest rates are heading up. And, the biden regime is taxing/punishing people who have high credit ratings.

It's all a mess and there are too many sheeple in Amerika.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are too many sheeple everywhere. even on prepping forums.

TMT Tactical likes this.