Glove Research Applicable For Preppers

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by Pragmatist, Apr 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-tec...t-enhancing-hoist-rescue-gloves-aerial-rescue

Good morning all,

Just received above from the DHS mailing list.

Research being done for a better glove for working with cables.

I like the name "North Carolina State University ... and Comfort Center". "Comfort" is a new concept. Thank you, Tar Heels !

I have some cables rigged on top of the roof of this shack in case hurricanes send a tree into the roof. "System" set up to hoist tarp over problem area. Also have an inflatable boat for evac. We've got a coil of graphite-lubricated wire rope as part of loadout. Will be following this glove research. It is ideally timed to get my attention.

Meanwhile, the prototype gloves not available until the end of 2020. On 4 November will definitely know if gloves needed.