Golden Globes Host Ricky Gervais: Hollywood In No Position To Lecture About Anything.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Jan 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...ything-you-know-nothing-about-the-real-world/

Golden Globes Host Ricky Gervais: Hollywood in No Position to Lecture About Anything. You Know Nothing About the Real World
    0b59dccd9dd78271795197cb3edadc22.jpeg
    Paul Drinkwater/NBCUniversal Media, LLC via Getty Images
    David Ng5 Jan 202018925
    1:52

Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais skewered Hollywood during his opening monologue of the annual award show on Sunday, cracking jokes about virtue signaling celebrities, Apple sweatshops, and (their “friend”) Jeffrey Epstein.

“You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg,” Gervais told the A-list crowd at the top of the show.

“So, if you win, come up, accept your little award tonight, come up, accept it, thank your agent and your God, and fuck off. No one cares about your views on politics or culture.”

Gervais saved his most stinging barb for Apple, which entered the entertainment business last year with the debut of Apple TV+. Apple CEO Tim Cook was in attendance during Sunday’s ceremony.

Gervais started by complimenting Apple’s The Morning Show, starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon, but soon switched into attack mode.

“A superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company the at runs sweatshops in China,” the actor-comedian said.

“If ISIS started a streaming service, you all would be calling your agents.”

Rick Gervais en très très grande forme, il attaque les sweat shops d'Apple en Asie et les discours politiques: "Aucun de vous n'est en position de faire la leçon, vous ne connaissez rien du vrai monde, vous avez passé moins de temps à l'école que Greta Thunberg" #GoldenGlobes https://t.co/ubjfjntpER

— Philippe Berry (@ptiberry) January 6, 2020

Ricky Gervais also made a joke about Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged close ties to Hollywood power brokers. The joke started with a reference to Gervais’ Netflix series After Life, in which he plays a depressed man who avoids committing suicide..

“So in the end he obviously didn’t kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Shut up, I know he’s your friend but I don’t care,” Gervais said.

2. Here's the clip:

Ricky Gervais: “So in the end he obviously didn’t kill himself. Just like Jeffrey Epstein. Shut up, I know he’s your friend but I don’t care.” pic.twitter.com/ILkx36BIiE

— Yashar Ali (@yashar) January 6, 2020

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    About time someone in their circles told all of those asshats that. Captive Audience too. He had all of them in one big room together.
    Good for Ricky!

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    RG is an idiot.
    I don't listen to what "celebrities" think or say or do, they don't live in the real world.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem is that MANY Americans do accept the views of celebrities.

Joan Baez could generate large crowds like a national politician. Harry Belefonte could generate large minority crowds (He ran for Mayor of NYC). Remember Fonda ?

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    those weren't "celebrities " they were STARS, modern celebrities are just "famous for being famous" like the Kardasians-i mean what do they actiually DO? I mean apart from swanning about with their bits hanging out!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

A valid enough point. I just don't make the distinction. They entertain in some form and get paid for it. It's about the same for US football players. They entertain.

Elvis Presley was an entertainer and also indirectly promoted good quality nationalism. He got drafted and accepted the recruit's hair cut like any other draftee.

The Beetles were also entertainers and believe one of them was knighted. They brought in more foreign exchange to the UK than many Brit businesses.

Much has changed since Presley and the Beetles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Elvis and the Beatles had talent, these so called celebrities have none.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    The crowds wanted to hear her sing, not talk politics.

9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Snyper,

Regardless of the talking, do you think she influenced a large part of her audience ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

I think this is what is happening in American sports...particularly the NFL. About time too.

Many Americans watch sports to escape from reality and relax for a few hours....not to be herded politically and socially in such an manner.

Americans are voting with their remote controllers and their dollars. Cant say I blame them.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I missed the Golden Globes again. I think that I decided to go watch the clouds or something instead. In general, the so-called celebrities have less than nothing to say that interests me. They are, in general, a pretty mindless group of left-wing idiots. They live in an imaginary world in their profession and then can't tell the difference between theatrical fiction and reality.

12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry Texdanm,

How can you possibly say/make such biased statements??

Everyone who is anyone knows Hollywood is much more able to represent the American People than Americans themselves.

Why Hollywood is the perfect American fertilizer.

Why Hollywood is much more capable to get their heads up Washington D.C. 's behind than any of us and therefore more entitled to represent all of America by default. More entitled than the average American to represent us.

Why Hollywood is "entitled" to represent us by default. What could Americans possibly be thinking??? That their views count in this system as compared to Hollywood???

Hollywood is Royalty...sacred and worshipped on the big screen as well as in real life!!!!

I always worship properly when I go through the checkout stands at the grocery store...don't you??

What could Americans possibly be thinking???

Hollywood....Ishmaelites run wild!!!!!

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't watch it either but I damned sure wish I had watched Gervis say this to them all!

“You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg,” Gervais told the A-list crowd at the top of the show.

“So, if you win, come up, accept your little award tonight, come up, accept it, thank your agent and your God, and fuck off. No one cares about your views on politics or culture.”

He may have been joking and just trying to ruffle some feathers but he was spot on with exactly what many of us have been wanting to tell them for a number of years.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks @Snyper . They didn't seem as pissed as the press made them all out to be.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Well, they are actors, so...... ;)

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.