Greta Thunberg Arrives In Lisbon

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 3, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/greta...-catamaran-atlantic-madrid-climate-conference

Good afternoon all,

High Schooler climateologist Greta Thunberg arrived in Lisbon.

She left Hampton, Virginia and 20 days later is now in Lisbon, Portugal.

Does Sweden allow kids to miss school ?

She can now take a TAP flight to London to catch the end of the NATO conference. NATO interferes with the climate also. Is the Portuguese national carrier TAP still in business ?

How did Greta get to Hampton, VA ? Any polluting cars double and triple parked outside the UN, New York City ?

Some comments follow the article.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    School no longer relevant, because her childhood was STOLEN, most likely due to all those American Coal firing power stations that keep pumping DEADLY and NOXIOUS gases into the earth atmosphere

2497db3266a8132bbcf3f52883ff2dfc.jpeg

Sidenote about the boat : I don't wan't to be inside that thing during ocean passage. At least Greta have a full team of professional crew flying back-forwd to the boat (logistic, repair, manning the boat) during ocean passage.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    All B.S. and photo op time. It they were actually confirmed to protect the environment, they could communicate by video conference. All show and no substance. Now were is my government grant?

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    time will tell if all this climate stuff is B.S. or not, but if it isn't it will be too late to do anything about it.
    I see that some scientists have said its already at "the point of no return", lots of places have suffered with abnormal weather this year, I wonder if that is the first wake up call for planet earth?
    anyway not much we can do as ordinary citizens about it, I could give up driving a car but that wont do anything about all those airplane journeys everyone else takes, and all the stuff shipped in from all over the world- I never did like "globilisation"!! I'd like to start a new national trend and "buy British" trouble is a lot of stuff has been outsourced and is now no longer made in Britain, at least I can buy my meat, eggs and veg locally which are produced locally, even that isn't possible in some places in Britain.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Same here; I'm topside of that boat wearing lifevest and kit on a short releasable line.

The boat can truly be named "Burial At Sea".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    I just wondering how much bunker fuel (most likely MGO / No. 2 fuel oil anyway), and Jet A1 (for flying in the crew) were spent for the "sailing"
    Ocean passage in fiber-glass catamaran without professional crew is basically disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

It wasn't just us two computing all the fuel for this publicity stunt.

Plus, besides the crew probably flying in to Hampton, we are guessing the voyage had a submarine shadow the vessel for both the sub's routine training and to protect the boat "just in case".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    No freaking way there is any tin-can (submarine) involved. In most likely case there is a tender boat that burning either IFO or MDO as fuel :rolleyes:.

Could always check her AIS track and see if there is any vessel shadowing her (most likely), along with pull the boat full spec and check what kind of engine she have. Unfortunately I'm not currently have the patience or in the mood to do o_O

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Non-publicized training for submarine. Lisbon is near the large USN base at Rota, Spain.

I can guess some journalists chartered a boat to follow her non-polluting death trap. Several tracking services are available. The best are subscription.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    My first question is why would any parent allow their teenage child to sail across the ocean and attend all these publicity stops without their constant presence? I guess the cause is more important that their daughter.

11. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeach but why would any Navy in their right mind would want to rendering non-emergency assistance / service to Greta?

I've notice that there isn't any external photos of her boat while underway at the high sea, which made me believe that there isn't any embedded journalist. And it actually make sense, because ocean passage without the comfort of an Ocean Liner not only a really dull experience but also not for the faint heart (particularly North Atlantic)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    If I were to hazard a guess, I would say the answer of that is buried within Sweden court record and banking record

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I hope they aren't flying anything that's using fossil fuels and producing CO and CO2

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

I didn't write about any assistance, routine or emergency; just tracking a non-prop signature vessel trans-Atlantic.

For US Government reasons, the sub would contact USN surface vessels for any Greta contact - if it benefits the US Government. This is a routine matter.

Even ocean liner service can be unpleasant. The ships are packed with revenue passengers and mass illnesses are common.

Depending on which veterans' meetings I attend next month, I might see some pictures of Greta's boat. South of here is the largest naval base in the world and all kinds of info is discussed at the vet meetings, frequently enough with pictures. Admittedly, I'm just not interested in the brat.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    She is just another hypocrite burning massive amounts of fuel as her support crew jets across the world while lecturing us on our carbon footprint.

I will burn my next log in my wood stove in her honor.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    3432750ae302cc276d725dd87139c499.jpeg

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  17. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't think what is being done with her is unusual, look at all the "child impresario" musicians and, in the US, children' beauty pageants. In my view these sorts of thing are done mainly for, and by, the parents.

I also have concerns about the views of someone so young being a vocalist for such an important issue. She has no formal environment qualifications, surely the world's "spokesperson" should be someone with qualifications and experience?

Having said the above, I also believe that someone should stand up and be the recognisable face for the campaigns. I know there are a very many people who do not accept climate change, but have spent the time to gain the relevant qualifications myself I can see there is something in it. Asides of anything else surely us humans should stop treating the planet as a dustbin. Even if you utterly disagree that climate change exists you should accept that we are better than leaving all the plastic rubbish floating in the seas?

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.