Half Million Evacuees From Oregon Fires

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2020/09/11/582180.htm

Good morning all,

The wildfires in Oregon have ~ half million evacuating. I don't know to where nor unknown destinations sheltering arrangements. The article is just sketchy at best.

Ponder your situation if you were in change of monitoring an evac of a half million.

Note article's "We had four hours to pack up ... ". This person was not prepared nor lived a prudent life. He had too many cats. States are adopting laws making evac arrangements for one's animals a requirement.

The real "apocalyptic scene" is looking at that Governor Kate Brown. The land of trees and forests and this Governor is deficient in forestry - inter alia - amongst other things.

Not in article but note that - currently - in California there's ~ 14,000 firefighters working about 30 major wildfires. Overall, where do the people evac to ? How do they evac ? If their car was destroyed by fire, what's next ?!

As bleak as I present the above stuff to ponder, Middle America can resolve much of this. Middle America is no longer running the nation.

Even if you're steadfast in sheltering in place under all conditions, do make some evac plans and arrangements.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.