Have you tested out your plan?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by crmeche2, Jun 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. crmeche2

crmeche2 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering how many of you test out your plan once you've created one? It's one thing to create a survival plan. It's a completely different ball game to make sure that it's viable. Do any of you do scenarios or drills? I know that I want to be totally prepared and not have my plan run amok because I didn't test it out.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Can't say as though we practice our plans, but we do go on historical treks & we do practice the primitive skills. We have had experience with raiders & intruders, so nothing new there. We are I think as prepared as we can be at this stage.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]

3. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Most survival plans are easy to execute and you don't need to necessarily test them. The hard part is the planning aspect which can fail to factor in unforeseeable circumstances like changing weather patterns or hitherto unforeseen security threats. My take is that the actual implementation of the plan is intrinsically an aspect of testing in preparation for future expeditions. In this case, the more exposure one gets, the better their survival plans become finetuned.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    I've never tested my plans but I don't think executing them would be that hard. I've been in emergency situations before. Different ones and one thing I learned was never to panic. If you don't lose your equanimity you'll be fine but no matter how prepared you are should you panic then that drastically reduces you chances of surviving.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I've never tested out my plans, because most of them can only take place in the event of a disaster. I mean, I do occasionally go over the "what-ifs" in my mind when I'm checked my medicine cabinet and upgrading my first aid supplies or rotating my saved up food, but that's about as far as I get. Better than nothing, I suppose lol.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    tested it? heck I've lived it.

Keith H. likes this.