New Member Hey There

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ShuswapViking, Nov 10, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ShuswapViking

ShuswapViking New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm Gary. I'm a South African who has immigrated to Canada. I took up kayaking and now have a fully stocked Bug-Out Kayak! I have started teaching my kids basic survival tactics, like trapping and making fire the old way!

sunnytn, Keith H. and Prairie Dog like this.
  2. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to Canada ShuswapViking. I love the idea of a bugout kayak! Not practical for myself as I live on the prairies of Alberta but would allow you to move effeciently in BC's interior. I hope you enjoy the forum.

ShuswapViking likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum Gary.
    Keith.
    Australia.

4. ShuswapViking

ShuswapViking New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the warm welcome! My only issuw with living where I do, is that I don't get to surf, hahaha! I love kayaking and go out in winter too, when I have the entire Shuswap Lake to myself. My kayak is always stocked, alowing me to get lost for about a month if I chose to. I carry MRE's and fish for food and there is always plenty of water around. It's good to be a part of a group of like-minded people!

Prairie Dog and Keith H. like this.
  5. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    What do you mean no surfin? I used to surf my canoe in rivers on back eddies all the time :) I grew
    Up on the west coast, Still miss the smell of salt air and the tides myself, I feel your pain. Enjoy the beautiful area you live in now.
    Prairie Dog