New Member Hi From Far North Dallas Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by woodchipper518, Feb 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    New guy. Been preparing for about 2yrs. Started when my oldest daughter got caught in a winter storm for 8 hours completely unprepared. Her mom was hysterical and made it known it was my job to save her. Started learning about emergency car bags which morphed into becoming a prepared mind. Every car now has an emergency bag.

My oldest daughter is getting married this year and new husband is one of us. My youngest daughter is in Austin, TX and is lost to the liberal cause...but I check her car bag every time I see her. She thinks I'm paranoid. I'm okay with that.

Hope to hear from other Texans...especially anyone near me.

Morgan101, Maria4olderMen and sunnytn like this.
  2. sunnytn

sunnytn Well-Known Member
      90/99

Blog Posts:
    Hi woodchipper518..Welcome!

3. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Sunnytn

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Howdy from the East Texas Piney woods north of Houston. I see absolutely nothing odd about being a prepper and a swinger AND a conservative. All three have to do with intelligence, independent spirit and a world view not ruled by uncontrolled emotion. I personally think that it is a very Texan way of being.

Maria4olderMen likes this.
  5. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Hello and welcome!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Woodchopper 518,

Welcome to the Forum.

Best wishes to daughter and pending marriage to Prepper.

Transmitting from the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "... oldest daughter got caught in a winter storm for 8 hours ..."
    The angels simultaneously saved her life and brought you to an epiphany. God is the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. God can prepare your daughter, however He will not perpetually save her. He will of a certainty take her into His arms should she pass -- take solace in this if you can, few fathers can. I know this thing about daughters.

"My youngest daughter is in Austin, TX and is lost to the liberal cause ..."
    She is anything but lost. It is called being young and stupid. I myself decades ago suffered being young and stupid. Your daughter's father (you) having achieved maturity gives me every reason to put my money on her inevitable entry into the land of maturity.

Your son-in-law is a rational lad. How wondrous! You'll find some reason or another to hate him. Keep in mind that somewhere in there there is hope. Religious fervor passes; we hope rationality sticks. Know that if he and your daughter find you too acceptable, they will suspect that something has gone awry in their youth; therefore, know the grand purpose in being a crazy old coot. Do enjoy your curmudgeonry! We must put on our bifocals to find God's little gifts, don't'cha'know.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Hiya' from the PNW!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.