New Member Hi There! From Utah!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Outdoor Life, Mar 31, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Is COVID 19 a concern for you?

1. Yes, I or someone I know could die.

2. No, it's all hype.

3. Maybe, time will tell

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Outdoor Life

Outdoor Life New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    With this COVID scare, it's time to hop on here and see what the rest of the world is doing for preparations.

Excited to be a member.

Thanks!

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

3. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually, none of the above. I'm not as deeply concerned about the virus itself as I am what unimaginable stupidity people and the government may do in their insane scramble to deal with an imaginary pandemic. COVID19 is bad but it isn't an end of the world sort of bad. It is more epidemic than pandemic. The numbers are just not working out to the level of a true pandemic. NYC is in the middle of a terrible epidemic, but most other places are not having anything like that sort of problem.

Personally, I would be severely affected by this if I caught it. I know that some people are going to die but that is the way it goes. People die of flu every year. People are acting dumber and dumber. Stupidity is more dangerous than evil and THAT scare the crap out of me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Outdoor Life,

Welcome.

The Forum's advanced-level Preppers had already been prepared for the epidemic/pandemic. It is inherent to preparedness to anticipate and prepare for public health emergencies.

COVID-19 is a contagious disease and lethal to a few categories of people eg the elderly, those already sick.

What must be given more concern - without neglecting the corona virus - are:

- vehicle crashes
    - random and non-random violence
    - being near others under the presumption humans do not practice personal hygiene.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Greetings from your neighbor up north: Twin Falls County, Idaho. Dawn and I have retired to a little farm, where it's easy to raise some chickens and goats, plant a nice garden, and practice a measure of social separation. We try to spend a week or so every other month in southern Utah -- mostly around Grand Staircase-Escalante NM: our favorite place on Earth.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you on the boards and remember: we all have something to learn and something to teach!

TMT Tactical likes this.