Home Invasion Defense

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by Old Geezer, May 11, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Master Survivalist
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Whether it be in today's chaotic / high-crime world or in a SHTF / post-SHTF world, one's home, one's "castle" could very easily become the target of aggression for a crew of armed invaders. Like it or not, we have to think this thing through.

Topics that leap to mind include: How do I physically keep them out via barriers; i.e. heavy doors and locks that will significantly slow down the progress of the invaders? How do I prevent their ammunition from penetrating the walls, floors, and ceilings of my dwelling? What weapons/ammo do I need to shoot through the building materials of my dwelling to disable aggressors? What are the consequences of my not preparing adequately; i.e. just how evil are felons? If members of my family are entering or leaving our home, what safety precautions must we take at these particularly vulnerable moments?

Below I am throwing out some links to stories that relate to this topic. Yes, the topics of the links are a bit scattered. Hoping you all can do better.

Home Invasion Victims Use AR–15 To Defend Themselves Against Five Armed Intruders

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/19/h...fend-themselves-against-five-armed-intruders/

Links to stories of self-defense

https://foac-pac.org/Defense-Stories

https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/c...cle_6a5f96ae-4a85-11e8-bd3c-6fb84a867898.html

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123703&page=1

http://komonews.com/news/local/violent-home-intruder-shot-and-killed-in-north-bend

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...-old-man-shoots-kills-home-intruder/660608350

A fellow tried to get into my house at 3am by knocking and giving story of disabled car; I never would have opened the door; I talked to him; the guy got into his "disabled" vehicle and drove off. Had he kicked the door, I'd have killed him with my shotgun loaded with buckshot. Nowadays, I keep slugs on the ready. Field reports show buckshot lacking. Slugs kill -- and if they don't kill, they tear off limbs and/or cause catastrophic hemorrhage & hydrostatic shock. When the aggressor goes down, you can show mercy (which routinely gets nice people killed) or you can blow their brains out, which not only protects your family, but also potential victims against whom the felon has targeted for future lethal aggression.

Home invasion stories where victims were unable to protect themselves. The intruders got into the houses far too quickly, i.e. insufficient locks/doors/barriers. Or, victims were not armed.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...fending-against-a-home-invasion/285-546707895

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/man-hospitalized-home-invasion-acid-attack-54423295

https://www.mysanantonio.com/neighb...ing-for-Mercedes-four-armed-home-12828998.php

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...sexual-assault-mother-children-home/77570824/

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/20/police-say-pastors-wife-killed-in-home-invasion-was-raped-by-killer/
    http://fox59.com/2013/11/04/documen...ils-of-home-invasion-robbery-sexual-assaults/

I'm going to stop here. I've gotta get ready for bed. I'm turning this over to y'all. Find some better links than I did. Hoping that y'all have some combat stories to share that will help-out people who must defend against home invasions and lootings wherein the aggressors crash into occupied dwellings.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    Good post, too many people wearing rose tinted glasses!!!
    Our problem is NOW, not post shtf. Right now the Australian government's anti-self defence laws give us only two choices in a home invasion. We can either be victims or we can be criminals!
    Keith.

Old Geezer likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    the UK laws allow us to use "reasonable force" but no body has actually said what that is!!

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

375/460

Blog Posts:
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Master Survivalist
      345/460

Blog Posts:
    If you break into my house...or in my case enter my home to steal I will kill you. I said enter because I never lock my doors and don't even carry a house key. I have the right to use lethal force to defend my home and property. If you strike me I may kill you. I can legally use lethal force if I have a reasonable fear or think that you intend to harm me. I can carry a freaking sword if I want to' or being a Texan a big bowie knife. I have a couple of big rascals. I have a gun in every room. There are multiple weapons in each vehicle.

Now, that is just me. I set up my Mom and Dad's place with steel doors, motion sensor activated flood lights, Spanish dagger and holy plants under or in front of all the windows and a HUGE big black dog in a chain link fenced back yard. They also had a sawed off shotgun I made for them and a pistol along with my Dad's hunting guns.

You know...with as many guns and such as we have here you would think that people would be getting shot all the time but in general Texas is a very safe and peaceful place. I have never had to even point a gun at anyone. I have never personally known anyone that has been shot or shot at on purpose. The only people that are actually in danger are criminals. I have never even heard of a licensed concealed carry being used illegally.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    The Australian government holds the woman down while the felon rapes her.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    Aggression is caused by the ready availability of victims.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    A violent felon not only has renounced their being a member of civilized society, they have given up their being a member of our species. The would-be rapist, the armed robber, the person who would kidnap a child, any of this trash should be shot dead where it stands.

Those who would in any way give quarter to an aggressor against society, or who would even mention why one ten thousandths of an ounce of mercy should be shown to a fallen soul who has risen up against peace and order among the children of God, should be cast out from among those who they would put in danger's path. Indeed, it should be the desert they inherit. That any one of this pathetic, this then dangerous lot, be a part of an elected government is horrid proof that the society tolerating their presence therein has itself fallen.

TexDanm and Keith H. like this.
  9. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    My grandfather only had to brandish his revolver to convince one would-be robber (armed with a knife) that the day was not his. On another occasion, he had to shoot a robber trying to stab him. I kept a would-be invader out of my house without having to fire a single shot.

The overwhelming majority of cases wherein a felony was prevented by a firearm are NEVER reported to the police.

The overwhelming majority of rapes are NEVER reported to the police.

I would to God that we were killing hundreds of violent felons every day! I would not that they be thinned, but utterly annihilated. Return to Sender.

Oh to be tasked to such happy purpose! I would serve until my arms were weary beyond lifting the rifle.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Keith H.

375/460

Blog Posts:
    That's the way I look at it too, these are the sort of people we have in government. They have even cut funding to women's help centers & actually shut some down altogether. Makes me feel sick to think of these politicians doing this stuff & frustrated at the people for doing nothing to stop it. What makes a majority of people go along with this s**t & do nothing? Beats me.
    Keith.

11. TexDanm

345/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm not big on the death penalty but we need to go back to the days when rape was as serious a crime as murder. Now, that said we also need to say up front that you can't wait years to decide that you have been raped. One of the things about it in Texas, women even more than men are getting serious about concealed carry and even a sweet old granny may well be packing and well trained to use that weapon.

Home protection is in part about attitude. You need to understand up front that locks and such only keep out honest people. I have known too many people that spent so much time worrying about it that no matter what they didn't feel safe and secure. I've known people that had three locks on every door, iron bars over their windows, an alarm system that was a pain in the butt keeping it armed every time you went in or out and they still worried.

If someone wants to rod you they are going to do it! All security systems are vulnerable to a knowledgeable thief. To me security is feeling safe while you are at home. I FEEL secure. The guns are part of it but I would feel the same even without them. Aluminum baseball bats, a machete or whatever will handle a robber. The fact is that the true security comes from deciding that you are going to kick a thief's ass or kill them and worry about the consequences later. That decision and planning make you feel safe.

Back before the Castle Law came to be law in Texas you had to prove that you had a reasonable fear that your life was in danger before you could use lethal force. In a dark house when you have an intruder you have a reason toi be afraid but the law might not agree with you. I had a stone cold throw down gun that if I had to drop someone would show that I had reasonable cause to fear. That gun had no possible way to be connected to me. It had in fact been used in a previous crime and been destroyed by a police department... or that would have been what they would have found when they tracked the serial number. When I was in the gun business I found that nearly all cops carried one or more of these stone cold guns and managed to secure one for myself.

Always have a plan and you will feel secure.

12. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    It is beyond mind-numbing.

I think of it as pathology of soul. I think many among the "benevolent" are simply covering for the sycophant inside them. They know that there, down deep inside their own selves, is a pathetic weak child sitting in its own scat -- however, they will build a rock wall around that reality. How do they do this? Several ways. They will praise the bully (who they themselves fear) and justify his actions. I want to puke against the ceiling when I hear people call violent felons "oppressed" -- as if that justifies attacking others for personal gain. Some among the weak will become numb and do nothing -- which is to say, freeze. Or, they will obey. They will obey the most slimy hideous vile pus-oozing snot-trail-laying slugs that have ever risen out of Hell to occupy our world. "I was told to do this; I had no choice."

vomit vomit vomit vomit

And there is worse purpose yet. Among the "elite", are those who WISH that there be oppression. What?! Why?! I tell you why, how could they rule unless "useful" purpose be given them. Remember, the "elite" are without purpose ... AND THEY KNOW IT. What to do? Make the sheeple dependent on them. "Only I can protect you!" "You are not a professional!" "A system of laws is all that separates us from raw chaos!" In their minds, if innocents get killed, so what! Let violent felons out of prison early. Return voting rights of felons. The latter actions keep a titer of fear among the masses -- "Good!" say the "elite".

Here is the consummate fear of useless government trash: "What if the people didn't need us?!"

A noble people, self-sufficient, adult in behavior, intelligent, circumspect in their use of resources, and seeking benefit to family and neighbors in their enterprises have little need of governance. One can think of government as a necessary evil. We need written rules even as we need to balance our checkbooks. Government is a tool among many societal structures. I have tools for my hands are not infinitely strong.

To worship government or to see government as a parent or a big brother is a mental pathology. It is the holding onto childhood by an adult. When adversity knocks, one does not curl up into the fetal position.

Now let us look about us. And we have, you and I. What is it we witness? It is not downfall in the offing. A plague is upon us NOW. Dear God, what is this talk of When?

To warn others is to shout out to cardboard cut-outs of humans. How demeaning it is to have to come up with the means to protect one's loved ones from society's stampede into darkness.

50562fd153b90a3442b0f5fffc7f0814.jpeg

13. TexDanm

345/460

Blog Posts:
    I just can't fathom how a people can let their lives be taken away without fighting it. When you are disarmed you are now just a victim waiting for the next thug or government agent (Basically the same thing) to come along and hurt you. THAT isn't freedom. If a woman is forbidden to protect herself then if she is raped the government that made this law is as guilty as the rapist. Why would people allow criminals to run their government? If three people grab me and two of them hold me while the third one beats the hell out of me the two that held me are as guilty of assault as the one that was hitting me. THIS is what your government is doing to you.

14. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    What I often say to bleeding hearts is this, "If you allow yourself to be a victim, you guarantee that another person will be victimized. By not fighting the oppressor, you have enabled him, indeed you have rewarded him. His career of aggression has been sped on by your non-action. You might as well attack his next victim yourself."

Those who say, "The police will take care of this," are foisting responsibility onto others. There is only so much that police can do. In major urban areas, the rate of homicide clearance is under 30%. And everybody knows this!

The weak do not want to think about the unpleasant aspects of life. They wish to bundle themselves into a cocoon and call that silk prison-cell a life. You know what, even when they contribute to charities, they write a check -- they don't even get up off their own butts and go to the place of contribution nor wish to meet the people they ostensibly mean to help.

One must ask, is it the aggressors in society who are our true enemies or is it the weak?!

15. TexDanm

345/460

Blog Posts:
    Very true old saying... All good has to do to ensure that evil will win is NOTHING!!!

If almost seems that all over the world the freedoms our forefathers fought so hard for have become something meaningless to the latest generations. One thing that I can guarantee is that anytime someone refuses to fight for their freedom there is somebody that will come along and take it and everything else that they have. Our future is that of any animal that becomes to weak to defend itself.

I'm sorry but as sweet as the idea of Democracy is, it only works when those allowed to vote have a proven desire to succeed and be free. Taking in losers as immigrants and allowing people to vote that are convicted felons or those that can't support themselves is not what was ever intended. It is insanity. I personally don't think that a person should be allowed to run for federal office without first serving in the military. If you are not willing to protect it then I don't think that you should lead it.

The stupid, the lazy, the criminal, the losers and the cowards don't deserve the right to vote for cake and circuses and insist that those that work and protect those freedoms have to pay the price for their pleasures and freedoms.

Police are NOT in the business of protecting people. AFTER you have been raped, robbed, killed or beaten then they will show up and take a report. They might even try to find the person that did it but that doesn't constitute PROTECTION. Protection is done BEFORE you are harmed.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  16. PreperMary

PreperMary New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Sadly this seems to be the same for a lot of countries. I was reading about a gentleman on the news last week that is being charged for assault because he beat up two thugs with a baseball bat as they were trying to steal the television set out of his living room.

I mean c'mon. Was he supposed to make them tea and help them carry it out?