Homeless

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Apr 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering if we have members in danger of becoming homeless if the jobs don't come back . My daughter spotted a family a day or two ago sitting huddled in a blanket on the side of the road miles from the nearest town " a man , woman and teen son . This may become more common place as the economy worsens . Preppers / survivalist need to enter " the end of life as we have known it " with a clear understanding as to what to expect for our futures . Your thoughts on this developing apocalypse .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    Fortunately I'm considered an "Essential" employee working at a gas station.. our hours have gotten cut drastically but I'm still working. So.. safe for now.

But yeah I figure as time passes and states still in lockdown, a lot of people might become homeless if this keeps up.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I think people (including long time preppers) fail to grasp how near we are to the edge, and one could say a fair bit over the edge, based on the governments recent unprecedented over reaction. If this is NOT a very dangerous spot for social systems, please tell me when it has been so, for America.

Everything could just "Stop". And not slowly. I am weighing if I should pay my insurance premium due in two week for my vehicles, that I have not used in seven months. I wonder how many others are considering stopping unneeded services. I have the money, that is not the issue. It is why buy car/truck insurance if you are not going to drive. And what if many million do the same thing

I have been through many "Slow" developing recessions. I have even been through two "Slow" developing economic Depressions. (True economic depressions, not so called depressions). But I have never experience anything come to a near total economic stop in weeks.

The world economic system is in a very dangerous place, either intentionally fabricated, or by unintentional dumbass bad luck.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    the danger will come when the government boots you off of your property due to back taxes.

In my little town there was a wealthy town father so to speak. He died in the early 1970s. During the great depression he helped people hang on to their property so they wouldn't lose it to forfeiture. Many of the old timers spoke of this and I have never heard a bad word about him. That wasn't how he got wealthy.
    He was a logger and a very clever one.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  5. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Sourdough,

Had a good time reading the link.

Loved reading "debt-fueled prosperity".

I like the ISA 41:10 comment quoting biologist Dhiva Ayyadura, PhD: "the COVID-19 pandemic is being used to shift global wealth".

Does "large scale 'social disorder'" mean riots in the major cities ?!

My "worry" is a spark that generates a foreign enemy involving warfare.

Appreciate your linking this article here.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    I can relate to that. My grandfather owned a lumber store in Seattle during The Great Depression. Times were tough. There were no jobs. However, he would chop up some of his raw lumber and give it to needy families so that they wouldn’t freeze during the winter.

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    it is being said by economists in the UK that our economy could fall by 35% and there could be 2 million extra unemployed, many will not be able to pay the mortgage or the rent and will be evicted.

randyt, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The evicted and homeless will be the beginning of packs of looters forming .

TMT Tactical, Rebecca and Sourdough like this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they wont be going very far without jobs or money, most homeless stay in the area.
    I've know a few homeless in my time.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  12. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem is that "MOST" is not "ALL" or 100%. And all it takes is just one, so from my prospective, it really matters zero as far as my Planning goes........if one shows up or 30 shows up.

I think it is silly that everyone seems to keep putting out "positive thinking" for dealing with a problem, the magnitude of we have zero idea of. I can think positive that it will not snow or get cold here next winter, or I can be ready for -44 degrees below zero, and 18 feet of snow.

TMT Tactical, Rebecca and poltiregist like this.
  13. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    The crises on our doorsteps has arrived with cheap fuel supplies . These packs of looters will be mobile not many down to walking . This could change nearly overnight though if the oil refineries shut down .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    or the power grid went down, no pumps no fuel.
    most people over here drive on empty anyway, as soon as a crisis hits we see long queues at the filling station, with my full or even half tank I am long gone before the queues start forming.

TMT Tactical likes this.