Hospital Refuses Treatment

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Blitz, Jan 12, 2024.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    lonewolf: If you can think of a title for this, please change mine.

I cannot believe that this man did not get the help he needed. The cold hearted treatment by the hospital staff has left me totally and utterly disgusted.

I realise he is on drugs and has warrants but that shouldn't have any bearing on people's attitude towards a fellow human being who is obviously in a very, very, bad place.

God help humanity.

"One officer explains that Providence refused to re-admit the man. 'I mean he is not verbal, he is not talking, he has got an involuntary drool, and they are like, nope, there is nothing wrong with him,' he says."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...amps-providence-hospital-discharge-death.html

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    someone should be struck off the medical register for non treatment for this, heads would roll over here but I'm not so sure in USA.
    blitz': thread renamed and moved to "first aid and medicine" sub forum.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Exactly the same In Aus lonewolf. I couldn't believe their attitude. Awful.

Magic. Thanks. I couldn't work out the title, or where to put it. I think I was pretty annoyed when I first read it. In fact, you could say my blood was boiling!

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    That’s the problem with the American system, if you have no insurance the best you can hope for is emergency treatment, certainly no aftercare or end of life care. The hospital was probably well aware he was on borrowed time and didn’t want to be stuck with the cost of a dignified cremation or burial

5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Does the hospital system in the US have to pay cremation/burial charges? In Australia, if no family claim the body, the State pays for it.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    comment by a doctor this day " the human body is designed medically to breed and then die-somewhere around 35 years of age ", so getting to my age and the age of many of the senior members of this forum without any major health problems would seem to be a bonus.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The human body will last a lot longer than 35 years. It's just that back in caveman days, something killed you long before your body wore out. But even back then some people lived to be very old. The seniors provided the tribe a lengthy history of their own and some outsider info. Thus the tradition of seniors telling all they knew -- often TOO MANY TIMES! -- informed the young of what to expect in life and in the future. Like me, lord only knows how many hundreds and hundreds of stories I know. And, I DO often repeat myself. I observe myself doing it.

Older people who are nearing death often have visions in their dreams. This is due to the spiritual entity beginning to separate from the corporeal.

https://www.facebook.com/wmichaelbo...an-exposition-in-buffalo-ne/1963719937277416/

"The Apaches believed that anyone might be given a particular Power and be called a di-yen (medicine man or woman). The Apaches believed gifts of Power could come at any time and in a variety of ways ...

"One of the most famous Apache di-yens was Goyahkla, One Who Yawns, or as he was known by his Mexican name, which his own people used, Geronimo. The historical record shows that Geronimo had Power to see the future or events taking place far away, and that he had healing ceremonies he carried out for his People. "

There is an evolutionary mechanism to this. Stories from decades / centuries past inform current generations of what solutions are available should misfortune come about. Stories tell of past geophysical events that could return. So stories tell younger people, "Don't ever trust that river to stay inside its banks!" When the younger grow old, they have the traditional stories committed to memory, PLUS they have what the memories of that which they themselves have witnessed. This is the verbal tradition which supplements writings or cave wall paintings.

A great uncle informed me of our town's 1903 flood -- he was there and witnessed it; told me how high the waters came up. He lived to be 96. Three of my grandparents lived to be 90, 94, and 100. My paternal grandfather had a bad heart due to rheumatic fever in youth, then he took up smoking = a fatal combination = died just before reaching age 70. These people were raised dirt poor and worked hard labor. Grew their own food, hunted/shot their own food. Thing was back then, if you were in any way weak, then you died in childhood. My heart-rate rarely exceeds 55 - 60 beats per minute. I sure do wish that I didn't have this danged arthritis.

I'll not live that long. Not sure I want to live that long. Three times I've had friends from decades ago come to me in dreams. When that happens, I go to their town's obituaries. Yep, seeing someone I've lost touch with in a dream means that I'll find their name in the obituaries. I guess maybe their souls show up to say goodbye -- it's all I can figure. My dreams have a marked tendency to come true. Future events used to show up, but now not so much events -- it's now the dead.

Yes, in dreams I've seen the mushroom clouds go up. Nuclear war? Sure looks like it. My wife sure does take my dreams seriously -- I've told her my dreams, then we've watched that crap come true.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes people will live longer, but sometimes its the QUALITY of life that suffers.
    as far as this doctor I mentioned said it was that the human body was designed to produce the next generation and then fail after that was accomplished, it was simply a medical opinion.

TMT Tactical likes this.