How Do You Keep Cool During Summer?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Koala, Jun 29, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    So the summer is already here. The daily temperature in my country keeps steadily rising - the max we've had so far this year was 36°C - 96.8°F. In general, I am a big winter person. I prefer the cold and being in my warm house, sipping on nice hot cocoa. The summer and the heat doesn't do me any good. I over sweat, I get easily tired out and I don't handle it very well.

Luckily though, we have a small portable air conditioning that we bought two years ago. I always turn it on a bit during the day to ease the heat. I also try to wet my hair and just leave it like that without drying it - that helps me and cools me down tremendously.

So how is it with you? What do you do to cool yourself down during these hot summer days? Any tips for the rest of us?

(I expect a comment from Keith telling us how hot is it over there, in Australia :p)

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well it is winter now Koala, & like you I am a winter person. Much easier to stay warm than it is to stay cool. In summer I usually wear short sleeved shirts in the house & open all the doors & windows, that works for us. Not as hot here in New England as it is in the Territory. We left the Territory because it was too hot. However, the forecast is hotter summers to come! For cities this could mean blackouts as more people turn up their air conditioning!
    Keith.