How much have attitudes changed in the last 50 years?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., Aug 5, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How much have people changed in the last 50 years? I take the liberty of quoting a friend of mine on this forum, "lonewolf":
    " I heard a report once of some mother saying she didn't let her child out because "i don't have the time to clean them up if they get dirty"!!, people move to the country then complain there are no pavements, no street lights, the church bells are too noisy, so are the cockerels, and the tractors hold up their daily commute back to the city, these sorts don't last long without a supermarket on each corner and their "coffee to go"!!
    needless to say, such people haven't got a hope in hell of survival post SHTF".

I don't think this attitude is restricted to the UK. Here in Australia there are areas which were once bushland & are now built up areas. But many of the old homesteads remain & the people living there still like to keep chooks & grow their own food. New neighbours complain about the crowing roosters early in the morning, a crowing rooster was common place at one time & taken for granted.
    To my mind people these days have lost contact with the land & their own roots, & because of this the vast majority of the population is dependent on modern technology. I agree with lonewolf, in a major shtf situation, these people are at risk & are not likely to survive very long. What do you think?
    Keith.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    The world has changed and will continue to!
    Many will fail, many will adapt but still fail and some will survive!

Odds are though that many who are prepared will still fail.
    As preppers/survivalists are in the minority now so they will be after as there are far more sheep!
    It only takes a few in a group to organize the rest to survive.
    and it only takes a few to doom the many.

The Innkeeper likes this.
  3. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    The only thing that is constant is change. Over the last fifty the significant change I have seen is we are living in a virtual world. We cling to virtual friends, we do not visit anyone, our interaction is more through emails, cell phones and webcams

Radar and The Innkeeper like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the last 50 years what has been lost is skills and knowledge, the very things that will be needed to survive SHTF.
    nowadays if people want something done they just pick up the phone.

The Innkeeper likes this.
  5. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    Most people seem to have become dependant, victims and have no clue as to the real world. They feel everything is their right, the world owes them and confuse their opinions with facts. I think such people have always been there but generations of soft living have multiplied their number. Most wont survive any form of catastrophic event

6. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    They are terrified of wilderness, not afraid, but truly terrified of being alone in the wilderness. Now just hold that in one hand.........and add to that, that they have no real concept of "REAL" wilderness.

7. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    We had guests at our B&B from Europe yesterday. They were amazed and horrified that we had mosquitos in town. Out in the the wilderness” they could understand. Now in town happens to be at the confluence o& three rivers, in a mountain valley surrounded by millions of acres of bear virgin temporal inland rainforest. We have bears and cougars in the back yard. Mind you I mind be oblivious to some of the dangers of their city

TMT Tactical, Radar and Sonofliberty like this.
  8. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Keith H,

What are you going on about .....???

I live here in America.....

The only thing of importance...particularly at election time.... is one's race and sexual orientation.

Everyone here knows that and most are incapable of thinking about anything else...with their television and movie education in "Emotions."

Outside of one's race and or sexual orientation there is nothing of any other importance going on in the world.

What can you possibly be thinking here????

That is how much things have changed in the last 50 years...we are inundated by Dram Queens...and our leadership is pandering to them for votes.

It just gives me the warm fuzzies for the future.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

9. The Innkeeper

250/345

Blog Posts:
    Here in Canada it’s election time as well and those seem to be primary focuses as well. That a lots of promises to spend money they don’t have on projects they will cancel after the election. Colour me a touch cynical and frustrated

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This hurrah for me and to hell with my country and everyone else attitude is destroying countries . Fifty years ago people were not so self centered but looked after their neighbors and would readily step up to the plate to fight and perhaps die for their country . Now they only ask what is in it for me . Look around the globe at the collapsing and starving countries that had this attitude . If some weather or man made catastrophe doesn't get us first this selfish attitude will . This is the attitude they had in the African slave trade days . Despite the fake history given to people the fact still remains the slave traders didn't have to go inland to seek slaves .The people were so self centered the Africans would capture each other and sell them into slavery , often for a bottle of whisky . Africans would take their captives to the ships . A group or country that will not work for the common good will not prosper .

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    TMT Tactical and The Innkeeper like this.
  11. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Sin and apostasy are on the rise as "the love of the many grows cold". IMO, ymmv, we are in the last days. It will all come to a head soon. Too many parts of Ezekiel, Daniel, and revelation are coming true at the same time. Many westerners, especially Americans will be caught by surprise thinking that the coming evil will be from Rome. IMO, he will not. Remember, the prophecy showed an empire split in two. Rome and Constantinople. IMO, the AC will come from Turkey, not Rome. The throne of Satan was in Turkey at the time revelation was written though it is now in Berlin; and has been since before WWII.

TMT Tactical and The Innkeeper like this.
  12. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    How have we changed.......??? One word CORRUPTION.

There was always (a little) corruption, it was looked down on, and considered illegal and immoral.

Massive Corruption has led to Treason

13. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    It does not matter where the throne of Satan is located...someone is trying to bring back out that system which was so common in centuries past..and so do all over the world. This Is called today..internationalism...a world view.

If you have not studied real "Occult " patterns of operation..not the stuff you get in Barnes and Noble...you would not know another name for Satan or Lucifer as he is called in the most affluent of these Occult religions...is..."The Good god."

Satan is the Kindergarten version of the Occult Religions. The top tiers are of Luciferian Nature..."The Good god."

And someone is spreading this back around the world and seducing people into it by appealing to their baser emotions..not by thinking...but by emoting.

Rampant rabid runaway sexuality of all kinds is one of the tell tales that this ancient religion is making a comeback.

But one must needs know more than one will ever get on television and or in movies to know this.
    And sadly many of our ministers do not know this as well...
    Those who do ...seldom will they teach it to their flocks...leaving them unarmored.

Someone is trying to set up a world suited for Ishmaelites and get rid of the line of Isaac.

In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Someone is trying to reverse that and say ...In Ishmael shall thy seed be called..

Now you know......

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

14. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree. They have always been there. The difference as I see it is that now they are mollycoddled, and told it is not their fault. Nothing is ever their fault. They are oppressed, or the "system" run by rich old white men is holding them down. They are actually stupid enough to believe this.

I am a Baby Boomer. If we whined like this we would have been told to get our head out of our A$$. Life isn't fair. Get over it. Toughen up, and move on. You earned a trophy by winning. You didn't get one because you participated. Those of us who are a little older can remember. When we were kids, if you read someone's diary (usually a girl) they would have been mortified, and you could be sentenced to death. If they murdered you for reading it no jury in the land would have convicted them. It would have been justified. Now they print every BM on the internet for all the world and every pervert to see.

Yes, Keith. Attitudes have changed dramatically in the past 50 years, and not for the better.

15. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think people in the cities have for the most part always felt reliant on the government for assistance if things went wrong. But I remember our lifestyle in the country just after WW2, & no one there was reliant on the government. Those in the towns had allotments where they grew their own food, my family had a large garden area where we grew all our vegies & fruit & kept chooks for meat & eggs. Out next door neighbour kept pigs, & the next neighbour was a fisherman.

The cities are still the same, except they are more dependent on modern technology now. Apart from the yuppies in the country areas I would think that most are trying to be as self reliant as possible. I agree with IBME, I think there is more corruption now with Big government & Corporatism. More rules & regs to try & keep us subservient & dependent. The government here does not want people becoming self reliant so they raise the rates & taxes & local government invents new charges & fees so you have to keep finding money somewhere or they will take the land you own from you!

I think there always was corruption, but it was tempered with a welfare of the people whilst lining their own pockets. Today that care for the common people has gone, now there is more corruption & the government's focus is solely on building up their own wealth & power. In our last election the Liberals were voted back in for another term, we are between a rock & a hard place here in Australia with our present corrupt governing system, but the Liberals were the worst to vote for in this last election! Go figure!
    Keith.