How Often to Restock/Refresh Your First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    Refreshing your first aid kit is something that should be done periodically. The best way to do this is checking the medications that you have inside of your first aid kit to see when their expiration date is. If the medicine in your first aid kit is approaching a one year mark before expiration, it is a good idea to replenish it with fresh medications. By adding fresh supplies to your first aid kit, you will increase the life-span of it from that one-year deadline all the way up to 10 years depending on which medicines you stock. Keeping fresh bandages, band-aids, and other supplies will allow you the benefit of having what you need when you need it. If a band aid doesn't stick or a bandage deteriorates when you touch it they don't do you any good. If medicine is expired, dissolved, or dried up, it won't do any good either.
    upload_2016-1-21_1-18-43.png
    It is important and imperative to keep your first aid kits fresh and up-to-date with currently stocked supplies. A good first aid kit shows great preparation. Great preparation leads to exemplary leadership skills which are in demand during any survival situation. So if you haven't checked your first aid kit lately, it's advisable to do so as soon as possible. Open a bandaid see if it sticks, check the medication for dates and make sure they're not expired or close to expiring. When the time comes for an emergency situation, you will be prepared, and you'll be glad that you are.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  2. nmFreeWheeler

nmFreeWheeler Expert Member
      123/149

Blog Posts:
    The dollar store makes it super easy to restock and renew yearly.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I carry a trauma kit vacuum packed that has no real useby date on my belt most of the time I am away from home!
    and a major medical bag in my vehicle that can handle most things up to amputations, sucking chest wounds, gunshot wounds, large cuts, abrasions and heaps more!

Everything checked every year!