How prepared were you if Brexit would've collapsed the financial system?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by hades_leae, Jul 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    Tell the truth, I hear about many preppers these days talking about how prepared they are, or how they are working on a weekly basis to get prepared for whatever disaster there is to come.

Were you pretty much in shape "Got everything covered, and ready to go off the grid type of ready" to deal with an international financial collapse if Brexit was the reason for it?

Or would you be in stores right now trying to buy up everything that you thought you figured you'd get much later because it wasn't that important before the collapse.

Tell the truth. Were you prepared enough?

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I can survive without money with the set up we have we should do ok we have worked 35 years on this we are totaly off grid we have water shelter a good renewable supply of food nuts fruits veggies we have pigs cows chickens quail ringnecks and wildlife

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we have a fully stocked larder, 2 freezers full of meat and other foods, we grow our own fruit and veg.
    we have alternative forms of heating, lighting and cooking.
    we are as fully prepared as we can be in our present circumstances.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Right now I would be stuffed!
    In the middle of a change at present but should be sorted by the end of the year!

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Did I prepare for this? No. Was I prepared enough? Yes.

Why? Because there was no way that Brexit would have caused a financial collapse. Some volatility in the markets, some issues (such as lowered credit ratings) etc.. sure. Both of those happened, though personally I was expecting much more volatility than we got. But a catastrophical financial collapse that would somehow push our society straight into survival mode overnight? I don't think so... sounds like another senseless doomsday scenario.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    didn't happen this time, but one day it will.
    i'm about as prepared as I can possibly be. not many are.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Living in the UK, I couldn't fail to be all too well aware of brexit and what sort of impact that it could have had, and if we'd have listened to the experts before the vote was cast, a leave decision was going to be the end of the world as we knew it! Thankfully though, many of us are too clever to listen to the so called experts and while the financial crisis the UK is in, is an issue at the moment, it's certainly nowhere near what had been predicted.

In a time of a financial crisis, the worst thing people can do is panic, and while it might well be tempting to go and panic buy and make sure that the cupboards are full and the fridge and freezer are bursting at the seams, there's simply no need for it and all that does is create even more panic and make the financial situation even worse. Brexit was never going to plunge us all in to the poor house, so I was quite satisfied that me and my family can cope with whatever happens in the near future in regards to the fallout of leaving the EU.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    although I, and anyone I know, took absolutely no notice of "operation fear", I keep my larder and freezers full at all times, there is no point in having them half empty, that sort of defeats the object of having them and preparing in the first place.

pwarbi likes this.