How Stupid Are People?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Jun 14, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about I.Q. tests but I know people are stupid, you only have to look around and see the stupid things they do, which is our younger days would have been a thing called common sense but these days dosent seem to exist any more. like not walking in front of a bus or a car for a start, not fiddling with the radio-or the sat nav- when your driving, looking both ways when you cross the road, and facing oncoming traffic if your walking on a road with no pavement/sidewalk.
    once SHTF the human populations is going to be mown down in large numbers if they don't know a few basic home truths.

2. Crys B.

Crys B. Active Member
      43/58

Blog Posts:
    I think the biggest problem is lack of "common sense", which is not very common.

People need to be taught to think ahead and also to think through things.

The funny thing is, I was actually thinking about this topic last night. I was pondering on it. Then, I see this thread today.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't mean to infer that Haiti is full of rocket scientists. Anyone that lives in a place that is earthquake prone and builds houses by just stacking up cement blocks without mortar or steel can't be too bright. I just am not very impressed with the value of IQ tests. Let me tell you, I scored a 147 on the Mensa test and I ASSURE you that I ain't all THAT smart! I just like puzzles and look at things sort of differently from other folks. Other people talk about thinking outside the box. Hell I never found the danm box! I have a crappy short term memory problem and am far from the most ambitious soul in the world. The worst thing that ever happened to me was when I got a high score on achievement tests in elementary school.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Hell I never found the danm box!
    You are in it mate!

I have a crappy short term memory problem and am far from the most ambitious soul in the world.
    It is not a problem and ambition is for the less able

Yes those high scores can be a bane:(