How to Obtain

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by JimmyJ, Apr 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Member
      13/23

Blog Posts:
    There are many different ways one can obtain survival items. One of the easiest ways to get your survival items is to go to sporting goods stores and start purchasing them now. You may also find great deals on sites such as Amazon and eBay when it comes to purchasing survival items. Don't expect to go out and buy your entire arsenal in one day. That's not how this works. That is not how any of this works.
    1pBcq7BH9tQpw8P3YvcsiBouBdMJrI8H.jpeg

You will want to take time to find items for your survival gear kit that are personalized to you. Only you truly know what will help make life easier for you in the time of survival, and these are the kind of items that you want to go after. Not only is finding these items and having them on hand important doing the research and buying them is equally as fun.
    1pBcq7BH9tQpw8P3YvcsiBouBdMJrI8H.jpeg

Visitarmy surplus store or police supply stores and you will find many different survival items. Also by going around from yard sale to yard sale and you will be surprised on how many different items you can find that can be utilized and applied to survival situations. Remember you don't need top of the line because hopefully you'll never have to use it.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post Jimmy.
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    one of my weekend hobbies is going around what we here call "Car Boot Sales"-sort of an open air market, I've got a lot of my tools that way, bought a nice hand saw at one this morning for only one pound. I bought a wood plane a few months ago- not your usual cheap rubbish, this was a Stanley plane, well looked after , cost me 6 pounds.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good finds mate, well done. Interestingly enough a car boot sale started up in the city where I am some years ago, but I avoid the city like the plague so have never attended.
    Keith.

5. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It's good practice to see what you can come up with over a period of time. If I'm thrift shopping and I see something that might come in handy, I'll pick it up. I've acquired a lot of gear over the past few years. Often, if I come across something else even better, I'll sell or donate my older item and replace it with my new finding. It's always good to keep your stuff upgraded. Also, it's good to make sure that you set some time aside to make sure that the quality of your items have not deteriorated. Nothing worse than finding your old knife that you kept for survival purposes all rusted and corroded. I usually check every 3 months or so. :)

Keith H. likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When I used to visit the op-shops I kept my eyes open for materials rather than objects. Leather coats for making leather items like knife sheaths, leggings, pouches & bags etc. Same with cloth materials, linen table cloths, good heavy bed sheets, wool blankets. All good for making things.
    Keith.

7. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I like auctions on days when it pours rain or so cold people dont come great deals on those days

Keith H. likes this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    dosent work like that around here, if its bad weather or even a hint of bad weather, the buyers don't come out, even the sellers are in two minds.

9. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    I bought most of my stuff at Walmart, a few of the more expensive and larger items off of Amazon.