Is The Solar Eclipse Some Kind Of A Warning Sign ?

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Tumbleweed, Aug 10, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    There is a lot of interesting information about the upcoming total solar eclipse this month, in a little over a week, actually.
    It seems strange to me that since the sun and the moon both rise in the east and set in the west, that the eclipse travels from west to east.
    This is the first eclipse in several hundred years that can ONLY be seen from the United States. In seven years there is another total eclipse, and the paths cross to make a huge "X" in the center of the United States. Does any of this mean anything, and is something else happening in this same timeframe that might bring us closer to what is called a "Black Sky" event ?
    An interesting thing is that shortly after the eclipse happens, there is going to be a huge government exercise that is called "EARTH EX " (acronym) and it is about an event that causes long term power outages, food shortages, and all of the other issues that would domino from complete loss of power and technology.
    It looks like this exercise might be happening in other countries besides just in the United States, and the information about the exercise is pretty worrisome just in itself.
    Many times (maybe most times) we have had some kind of a mass shooting, or other disaster, we were having a "drill" for the exact same thing at the same place and the same time. A good example might be the 9/11 tower attack, when most of the responders thought it was part of a drill being held in that area about a plane attack.
    So, if they are having a drill about massive power outages, and such as that, there is a possibility that at least some of this might be going to actually happen, and people will think it is a drill. Or, vice-versa, it will be a drill and people will react and think it is real. Either way , it is not good.

http://www.eiscouncil.com/EarthEx

AuntB likes this.
  2. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The eclipse doesn't mean anything in itself, whether or not it has any influence on people is up to them. If they choose to run amok with automatic weapons because it's gone a bit dark its up to them as well. You can't legislate for nutters.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  3. AuntB

AuntB Expert Member
      163/173

Blog Posts:
    Some people are starting to chant doom but I think it will be a normal eclipse. There are always people that think it is the end of time etc.

Where did you hear of the exercise? That is a really bizarre company/council, gives me the creeps for some reason.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The only thing that I thought strange was the news that there would be a loss of electricity. I thought that with the storage of solar power there would not be a problem. I can only assume that they are expecting people to be using more electricity at this time than any other, & that with the sun blocked, there will not be enough power going into storage to keep up with the usage. People need educating & they need to get a grip! This is only a short period of time, imagine the chaos in a long term blackout!!!
    Keith.

omegaman likes this.
  5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  6. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Actually, I don't think that the eclipse itself will cause any problems, and it will be an interesting thing to watch. We are scheduled for (more) rain and thunderstorms here, so the sky will be clouded over all day anyway; but we should see it when everything begins to get darker.
    The part that worries me is about the EARTH EX drill, because it is about what to do if there are long term power outages, and all of the relevant problems that come along with this type of event. It would not be caused by the eclipse; but it could be caused by an outsized solar flare that came directly at the earth.
    In any case, whatever the cause, the powers that be must think that this is a large-scale possibility for them to be holding an international drill about what to do when it happens.
    Our track record for disasters and drills for the same event (at the same place and time) is batting pretty close to 100%; so if they are training for this, it is possibly also going to happen.

7. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    No mention of any drills that I've been able to find, perhaps they've been crowded out of the news by Trump's reaction to Charlottesville. Polarised rioters and protest marches would be of more concern to me then the sun getting briefly eclipsed on a cloudy day.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  8. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    This is factually incorrect.

• The total eclipse will be viewable in 14 states. The rest of the states will see a partial eclipse. The partial eclipse will be viewable in Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean Islands, parts of northwest Europe, and Russia's Chukchi Peninsula.
    • The next eclipse in 2023 will be annular, not total.
    • And there have been many eclipses, total and annular, that were viewable in the US in the last 100 years. There were 25 in the 20th century and there has been or is going to be about 10 in the years 2001-2050.
    Beyond that, no, I don't see this event as anything more than a fairly common phenomenon. The only risk from a preparedness standpoint is that there is going to be a lot of people on the road and some of them will be camping in areas prone to wildfires. Our household is going to stay home for those reasons on the 21st.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    GS AutoTech likes this.
  9. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, I didn't express that very well, and here is what the Time.com article actually says:

In addition to being the first total solar eclipse with a trajectory exclusive to the U.S. since the birth of America in 1776, it’s also the first total eclipse of the sun that will be visible from the contiguous U.S. since 1979.

Even though we have had other eclipses that were visible in the United States, this one is still unique because it is the first one that only the US can see in so many years.
    Thanks for setting me straight on this, @CivilDefense ! Here is the whole article from Time.com.

http://time.com/4750899/total-solar-eclipse/

CivilDefense likes this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Only effect will be the gravitational pull on the water in the brains of the weirdos of the world

11. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of gravitational pull, I was also noticing that the path of the eclipse crosses some of the largest earthquake-prone areas in the United States.
    I don't remember if it comes close to Mt. St. Helens; but it does go right over the southern Idaho caldera (which is even larger than the Yellowstone caldera), and then it goes past Yellowstone, and crosses over the New Madrid fault line as it goes through Missouri.
    There might even be others; but those are the main ones that come to mind right away.
    I guess that there is no more of a gravitational pull during the eclipse than at any other time, but it IS crossing over quite a few seismic areas in a short period of time.

12. John Davis

John Davis Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    No, obviously, this is nonsense. The Nibiru myth was made up by a lady named Linda who is either a lunatic or a swindler or both. Her story would not convince an educated Rottweiler, so it certainly should not be generating questions.

All the cool kids know NASA is on the lookout for space danger, and if they find any they’ll be shouting about it on Capitol Hill before you can say “Budget Amendment.” Seriously.

13. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking about the eclipse the other day when I read about the flooding in Texas, was it? I dont know, but yeah, there's alot of stuff going on right now in the US.

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The eclipse meant that the moon was passing between the sun and the Earth and casting a shadow. This happens every year a couple of times. This one just happened to be such that the shadow traveled across the USA. Honestly I believe that if the higher powers that be want to tell us something they will be able to express themselves very clearly.

15. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This is a day late, and a dollar short, but why would this eclipse be a warning sign more than any other? A warning sign of what? No it is not a warning sign. It wasn't the first, and it won't be the last.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.