It's Not Too Early For A Roster

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Aug 25, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...-strengthening-closing-in-on-hurricane-status

Good afternoon all,

It's not too early to start a lookout roster for the hurricane watch. We must all take turns - 2 per lookout team - with the binoculars. A Connie Chung style raincoat not required.

Can we hoist the 2 hurricane flags before the 64 mph winds arrive to allow us to run under the picnic table serving as our makeshift BOP ?

Well, what's the name of the third boat; Sirens of the Sea ?

- Best socks next to boots
    - Work gloves
    - Water inventory + GOOD water in case of evac
    - Foods, stress foods, snack foods, Dorito chips, spicy type for routine matters
    - Extra everything [ FN 1]

Feet Notes:

FN 1: Emergency / Disaster prep is just like combat prep: Too much is never enough.
    FN 2: Even if not in Hurricane Alley, all of us should be on the MSF lookout roster. After all, some of the hurricane disaster relief funds could show up at Pike's Peak, Colorado, Marin County, California, ......
    FN 3: Won't argue the point, but I will dust off my hard hats. Boonie hats just don't work.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.