Japan's Suicides

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 28, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/more-...ne-month-than-the-entire-coronavirus-pandemic

Good evening all,

Per ...

The Japanese suicide numbers are worse than their COVID pandemic loses.

We Americans have a similiar situation with our military. The US military has a suicide rate twice the US national average.

I took a public sector course on this subject as applicable to US population. Can't report anything on the web other than to say our public sector's civil service is infected beyond rehab.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    A lot of people not only desire social interaction but actually need the validation from social interaction. These lock downs are more dangerous to the economy and to many citizens, than the CCP virus.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Norway has always had 2x the suicide rate of the USA. No light in winter? Seasonal depression? Probably. Then too, Caucasians are given to intelligence and OCD disorders. Evolutionary-wise these adaptations were necessary to get through non-survivable winter seasons. Melanin in the skin has its counterpart in melatonin, a key brain transmitter substance. Such makes for the generation of brilliant engineers ... who often get around to sticking a gun in their mouth. Clinical depression runs rampant in Caucasians. The further away from the equator one goes, the higher the OCD/clinical-depression rates. The two syndromes have the same neurophysiology.

Far Northern Caucasians are NOT alone.

Asians have evolved in such fashion as to rely on group behaviors to survive. One is not one. One is many.

Side note: Korean behavioral patterns are so similar to Caucasians, it is downright freaky. They have cultural differences, duh; however the core behavioral patters are so close as be considered downright "curious".

In Japan, NEVER applaud an individual. You will embarrass that person to social shame. Applaud a work group, ONLY.

I've forgotten when the book came out; 1980s or 1990s. Couldn't name the book to save my life. An American fluent in Japanese goes to Japan and takes a technology position at a Japanese corporation. Afterwards, he writes a book about his experiences in Japan (Nippon). Americans go on vacation. This very young man took his vacation days went on holiday. Mistake. Why? He went alone. So? The Japanese do NOTHING alone. They are anti-individualists, as it were. (I often worked with a field/sales engineer who was also from S.Appalachia; I reproduced in lab those problems seen in field; he was perpetually back'n'forth to Nippon; so I got stories second-hand from this guy and others like him -- and we had Japanese who moved to America; a Japanese young woman married one of our group's managers.)

So what happened to this lone vacationer/writer? At the hotel/resort where he was staying, he was put on suicide watch. No sh##! Perpetually someone would check on him. He didn't understand. He finally got some English-speaking Japanese worker at the place to tell him that they thought that he was going to commit suicide. He was dumbfounded

So what happened to this American working in Japan when he went back to work? He was shunned by his group. What? Just because a team member gets vacation days in Japan does NOT mean that they take them -- especially if that individual has little seniority. In their eyes, by taking his vacation, he was abandoning his team. Forbidden.

This fellow came back to The States and eventually wrote a book about living in Japan.

Speaking Japanese does NOT mean that you know anything about Nipponese culture. One of my sons studies matters Japanese (I think that when he was in high school, he had the hots for a Japanese girl studying at his school; I knew that they were at least good friends; she was in his crew). He is perpetually telling me this or that about the Japanese. I perpetually remind him that I really already know enough for my own needs and that I do NOT wish to learn anything more about them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there have been many reports here about people being lonely because of the lock downs, loneliness can lead to depression, depression can lead to suicide.
    I fully believe post SHTF the suicide rate will sky rocket-at least in this country.
    good job I'm a loner, I've never been lonely never will be.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    My wife worked for a Japanese trading company . If an executive of that company failed in securing a lucrative contract then he was expected to commit harakiri . In the company newspaper there were 45 suicides a years, Now that is motivation to get it right .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

I believe that book is mentioned in a later edition of "Underrstanding the Japanese Mind" by James Clark Maloney, M.D., Charles E. Turtle Co, Rutland, Vermont. I've got the orig 1954 and a later ed. Can't check for now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Perhaps of interest if accessable; ......

In Monday's 30 Nov 20 Washington Post ... I hold the pulp ed and the cyber copy is paywalled ... is an article titled "Suicides spike among women in Japan, S. Korea" by Simon Denyer and Akiko Kashiwagi.

Haven't read the article yet but it fits into pattern of post-industralization generating these ultimate pressures.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Anyone know the percentage of suicide in Japan and S. Korea. Being some of the most densely populated countries on the planet has to create unusual stresses in the populations. Countries by Density 2020 (worldpopulationreview.com) Once a population hits a critical density, aberrant behavior increases.

I lost 3 brothers (vets) to suicide. If you know a vet, be willing to listen. Sometimes that's all it takes. If they need more Call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Dale,

Condolences on the loss of your brothers.

Mental health issues are still a neglected matter because of cartel control.

Not sure if this link provides on target reply but worth a glance if not paywalled;

"Korea bizwire.com/poverty-depression-go-hand-in-hand-s-koreas-world-leading-suicide-rate/108946".

TMT Tactical likes this.