Just Wondering

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by The Innkeeper, Jun 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    as I cruise the forums I noticed this one seems to ebb andflow in terms of membership and has plenty of one time posters who never reappear 2016, 2017 seemed bad. More so than with other forums I have belonged to. Is there a history I shoulD be aware of? Not trying to make waves, just trying to understand

Radar, Morgan101, Sourdough and 3 others like this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just my opinion.........but looking at the questions that were posted 2016 and 2017 many were more of one time posters, with entertainment type questions. It appears that in 2018 the forum became more serious, less childish, the questions have more depth. And show more advanced understanding of the subject.

For the time being the forum seems to appeal to the much more advanced preppers and survivalists. And those who have studied the subject for decades from several different approaches. What is special is that knowledgeable people state their relevant thoughts, and just leave it for consideration. Most importantly they don't beat each other up attempting to "WIN" an argument. There is no argument only a members thoughts on the question for discussion.

3. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for th3 feedback

Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:

I have wondered about this, too. Also noticed more than a few regular posters left the scene permanently right around the same time frame...

Can anyone shed a little light on this? It is not earth-shatteringly important, but I have been curious.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    just the nature of forums I guess, I've been on a few where you get people posting on thread then are never heard of again, again on many sites we have more "Lurkers" than posters, people who take the info on the threads but put nothing back in return, some people are just around for 6 months or so then move onto the next thing, the nature of forums can be very transient, only if someone is really serious about prepping will they stay.

6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There are the scammers, post links to products and then are gone. The trolls that do not last very long. The tun and gun young folks. Only interested in getting ready for fire fights. The PETA folks that discover some (maybe most) of us here actually eat meat. Tons of reason why a forum grows and shrinks. Just the nature of the beast, life keeps moving and not always in the same directions. Of course a few may still be up in the mother ship, but that is for another thread.