Know Your Location.

Discussion in 'First Time Preppers and Survivalists' started by lonewolf, Mar 4, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good points Lonewolf. Too many don't have a clue about the area they work and / or live in.

3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if you go somewhere regularly like commuting, if you can vary your route, go different ways, some people may notice you if you only go one route and they could be planning a mugging/street robbery. just a thought.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Pattern and predictability is not a good situation. Learn different routs, travel at different times and learn about the different traffic patterns you could encounter. Yes, paranoia does strikes deep with me but then again, I am not surprised very often either. Fair trade.

Radar likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    those with their heads in the sand are surprised by EVERYTHING, paranoids are surprised by nothing, being paranoid is useful to survival.

Morgan101, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Certainly sound advice. I didn't see any reference to how large an area this would be. What would you consider " your location "? A 5 mile radius? 10-20-50 mile radius? I imagine part would depend on whether you are in an Urban; Suburban; or Rural location. How far afield should you explore?

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    probably be different for each person and each location, also different PRE SHTF and POST SHTF.
    here in Britain and for me personally, I would say, maybe 20 miles pre SHTF and maybe 2 to a maximum of 5 miles post SHTF.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Here in the BC mountains I try to learn the area and routes for a 50 km radius. I have escape routes in this area that differ depending on the season or natural disaster occurring. Examples: bad flood year avoid routes with low bridges or slide zones near rivers. Bad fire season use routes that have multiple escape directions.

In this 50km radius I learn my safe water and food sources.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.