Laser That Burns Through Paper As A Weapon

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by greymanila, Jul 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I bought this blue laser that burns through paper. I think it is a good close-quarters weapon for blinding an opponent and self-defense.

Officially, laser blinding weapons are illegal in wartime.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions for this option?

Thanks!

2. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't imagine the Protocol on Blinding Laser Weapons (1980) would be binding on civilians. It is on nation state signatories, of course.

That aside, if a defensive situation has gotten to this point, I'm of the notion, legally, morally, or otherwise, lethal force can be applied. As such, a properly loaded .45 ACP pistol or 5.56x45mm carbine is a better choice, imho.

YMMV.

3. greymanila

greymanila Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:

True...I'm kinda looking for different levels of defense first, before finally firing a few rounds...but thanks for the input!

4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If you can mount a laser on your firearm it can serve as a very good psychological threat but will also give away any element of surprise.There are high intensity strobe lights designed for home defense made to disorient an intruder. Spotlights aimed outward between you and an intruder will conceal you because of the intense contrast.

Remember though, light can be seen much further away then it allows you to see and it's a great way of attracting more unwanted attention post apocalypse.

Koala likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not just laser lights, also house lights and campfires at night can be seen for several miles.
    even torch light will give away ones location.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    1. Old Geezer
      Something corrupted the above video file. Lets try again. Note that one can go on YouTube and search for "Hawaii Real Estate science".

Old Geezer, Aug 27, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    OK, so YouTube is burning videos concerning the Maui attack.

The above video that got killed showed two cars melted in a lot surrounded by ZERO fire damage. One lot in the middle of NO damage gets zapped ... to the melting point of aluminum. Just a little coincidence?:rolleyes:

Sooooo, I've gone over to TikTok to find videos. Watch these now! They may get "disappeared".

Default is Mute, so enable sound.

https://www.tiktok.com/@lostmonkey56/video/7267654954121235754

Fake video? :

https://www.tiktok.com/@miss_renee_x/video/7268840590295436587

----------------------------------------

TMT Tactical likes this.