Lord Robert Baden-powell

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    My View is also that of Tobias Elwood MP. Interestingly, although Baden-Powell's approach is outdated by. today's standards he was quite forward thinking in his day. Part of his approach was to encourage equality. Certainly the UK Scout movement works hard to promote equality and all the groups run regular sessions on "inclusion" etc.

I think the statue removal malarkey is just getting silly now.

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    removing statues changes nothing, the past is still the past, history is still history, removing some chunks of metal does not wipe out what that person did or did not do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Baden Powell was a national hero long before starting the Scouting movement for boys. The Scouting movement became truly international and inclusive of all faiths and race. I also feel that this destruction of statues could be taken too far.

TMT Tactical likes this.