"medical Seat Belt Safety Covers"

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Jan 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.whsv.com/content/news/W...offer-medical-seat-belt-covers-567109361.html

Good morning all,

From my reading of this short article, it is medical info placed on the seat belt so Responders can immediately see the info.

Presumption is that victim was using the seat belt.

Presumption is displayed info is that of the current driver.

Recommendation: Do NOT use the famous MedicAlert bracelet or pendant on neck chain reading:

"I Am An Alcoholic. In Case Of Emergency, Get Me A Beer."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    bit of a gimmick. cant see many people changing their standard seat belt. human nature.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Lonewolf,

I got a bit curious.

https://wchstv.com/news/local/galle...covers-to-contain-medical-information#photo-3 This link has 3 pictures of item. It's a cover over a portion of the seat belt.

The 3rd picture got my attention. It also shows the info card to fill out. Note the question "Are you a registered organ donor?"

Here, in Virginia, there is a proposal to change the organ donor registration to require all drivers here to be organ donors unless driver makes declaration NOT to be a donor.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    What happened to a good ol' ECI card in your purse or wallet?

On my smartphone homepage screen I have my ECI just in case as well as in my wallet.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

In reply, all the good ol' stuff id being phased out for the new, even better:
    - rice chip implant like currently used in pets
    - face recognition software cross-linked to the data banks
    - DNA info as one of the data banks.

Medical records, will/can be cross-referenced to the vehicle's registrant especially involving the license plate number and VIN.

All above is good but it takes time.

Now, for current times, agree that the wallet/purse cards, the CDC 731, the bracelets, pendants work.

Am guessing that the seat belt info pack distributed by the county relates to getting the attention of senior citizens in an election year.

In a car collision, Responders get the vehicle occupants out of the vehicle and away if there's a fire. The seat belt cooks and the docs in the wallet don't.

We had a similar gimmick here with a case for medical info to be placed in the mitten compartment of vehicle. It, too, Federally funded, fell into disuse because it was useless and worthless.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yep, same here.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    That wouldn't be helpful if you're pinned in a car and the wallet isn't available.