Modern Day Tree House

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by DecMikashimota, Jun 19, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Modern Day Tree Houses. They're pretty cool right?

A Fairytale Castle.JPG Tarifa Eco-lodge (4).jpg

2. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I've always wanted to tree house. Even when I lived in rural NJ as a kid, I dreamed of constructing a tree house with my Dad in the woods.
    Never happened, haha. And now I live in the city.

But if I had the chance to build an off the grid tree house in the mountains of Japan, I totally would. I think they are just the most amazing things ever. My only concern would be causing trouble for the tree that the house is built around.

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I saw the show where they make these houses and it is very nice indeed. I always wanted to make a tree house but it is not as easy task as it looks and it doesn't even look easy :). I was thinking about this and I realized the house is not a problem. At least for me, I was in a school for civil engineering and I understand the statical calculations and all that. However, I think that the biggest problem for me would be to find a proper tree. I do not have big selection here and I would not like to make a house in some forest. It would be nice to have a tree in your back yard that is good for this task.

4. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I would love to live in a tree house. These are definitely very beautiful. I admire the people who are able to build it like that. I probably would not be able to build it that stable lol.
    As a kid, I always dreamed about having a tree house. It was just too hard to actually implement when you do not have the tools or skills.
    What we did instead was build little shelters in the woods close to the creeks, That was so much fun. A tree house, however, would also be a wonderful type of shelter that protects you from many attackers.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    I am scared of heights and am not sure a tree house is quite my cup of tea. However, I have seen some that are really cool and modern. They would definitely be places I would consider living if they weren't so high in the air. In fact, there are quite a few hotels that have tree house rooms or all of their rooms are like this. There is an article that lists the top ones in the U.S.: http://www.fodors.com/news/photos/10-incredible-tree-house-hotels-in-the-us . Some have Jacuzzis and other really modern amenities that make it seem like it's not really a tree house at all!

6. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Tree houses are great but they seem a tad expensive. If they are about the same prices of other types of housing, then I don't see the point of actually owning one.

7. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    This is so badass but the materials and composition of it are not very survivalist. I bet there are better ways to accomplish this using more realistic/inexpensive/abundant materials, but this seems like somebody with money or at least enough money for a few month's rent was like "NAH I WANT A TREEHOUSE INSTEAD"

Coputere likes this.
  8. iseeyou

iseeyou Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Okay that tree house is adorable, i would love to have a tree house but it's just not possible because first off, i don't have a huge enough tree to build a tree house on and then there's the issue of funds. Hopefully someday i can build my own tree house and live in it. I feel like living in a tree house gives this sense of being a real trooper and it takes you back to ancient time where everything is done through hardwork and creativity.

9. willywonka

willywonka Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    That is one sweet set up. I love how they have a projector up in there too. I need to brush up on my carpentry skills because I just might want to live in a tree when in survival mode. Why haven't they thought about that in The Walking Dead by the way? I am behind a season so if they did, please don't spoiler me! Thanks!

10. Finman0507

Finman0507 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I saw a tv show once that showed tree houses being built. It was amazing, i couldn't believe you could do that. I love the concept and the ones i saw was just amazing.... I love them

11. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I've seen a couple of these, they are really cool. The only problem is that lightning is attracted to trees. If your in a tree house during a major storm your in a dangerous situation. Still I think this would make a great hang out, even a really cool man cave. I don't see this as a place to live in as your main house tho.

12. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    As much of a fun experiment as they appear to be. Tree houses will be hard to survive in. As was stated above this design does not look like it is built for survival.

Another thing that really concerns me is how will these tree houses fare in harsh weather conditions.

It is probably good to be high up if there is a flood, but what about high wind speeds or even lightening.

Being that high up with all your stability depending on an object that occasionally gets obliterated by stormy weather does not seem like such a smart idea.

13. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I would still totally do this, just more survivalist. I think some kind of supported structure would be better than a hanging structure...at least get some kind of pillars under the damn thing. On top of that, there has to be some kind of escape plan that makes sense, so I propose a bigass slide.

DecMikashimota likes this.
  14. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Now, that is living! I would totally live in a tree house like this. Does anyone know how much it cost to build?

15. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I believe that the price range is anywhere between $36,000 - $380,000 from what I've researched. If you are not ready to spend that much and just want the experience you can try to book a reservation on treehotel.se, although you will probably need to get a passport you can stay in some of the most state of the art and exotically designed tree houses for about $350 a night.