Moveing And Carry Of Gear

Discussion in 'Other Useful Objects' started by Tom Williams, Oct 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    As you gather and build your kit you maywonder how am i going to move all this a car or truck may not run for many reasons. So to help move gear add a wagon or whellbarrow to your kit this will lesson load to carry and give you more storage space in pack for colthing and comfort iteams that may have been left. Tools and heavy iteams on a wheeled cart will move easy and still be handy to use

2. Third Pig

Third Pig New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I have a doggie saddlepack which my very large Rottwieler loves to carry. He carries his own food and things that overflow from my pack.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I made a rickshaw out of an old light weight wheel chair. It is amazing how much easier it is to pull than carry a load in every case except in rough country of jungles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I am always rather sceptical about moving kit around - if one is bugging out, or at least having to leave, I believe whatever one takes should be portable enough to carry.

Sooner or later the fuel will run out etc, and we have all seen the images of French citizenry fleeing the Nazi advance in 1940 where, among things a piano is left abandoned at the roadside.

I feel that if it cannot be carried it should not be taken.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree brownbear , I just hop[e those fleeing know where their going . Running off with no plan is a disaster in the making . I saw this with the panic that followed hurricane Katrina , those folks from New Orleans was stranded on the sides of the roads leading out of the city for hundreds of miles . They simply drove until they run out of fuel then just sat there on the side of the road not knowing what to do .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Third Pig

Third Pig New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    If you have a vacuum sealing machine you would be amazed at how much Toilet Paper you can pack in almost no room at all. Just be sure to take the middle cardboard tube out first.

TMT Tactical likes this.