Mushroom Hunting Tips

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by Pragmatist, Apr 6, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are more mushrooms that are fatal than those that are edible, that much I have found out. unless you know what your doing or have a foraging expert with you leave them alone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

I do completely agree with you.

Unless one is skilled and experienced in the environment, the dangers are more than the value. It's akin to dealing with snakes and some sea creatures like barracuda.

Better sources of food with much less risk are available.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Mushrooms are about the most dangerous food you can consume, get it wrong and it WILL kill you, in the UK apart from maybe meeting up with a Mink its about the only thing in the wild that is really fatal.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I swore off of pick them wild mushrooms about 50 years ago. A batch of Psilocybin "Magic" mushrooms sent me on a trip that I thought I wasn't going to come back from. I was aware that they were somewhat hallucinogenic, but we must have got some MAGNUM Magic mushrooms!!! In a way it was a good thing though. After that my drug use was limited to a little pot smoking ONLY, I didn’t even drink for almost 30 years. A lot of the people that I grew up with never grew up. Several (about 10) died young and then some seemed to just be permanently stuck at being kids. A nearly 70 year old kid is NOT a pretty sight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Morrel mushroom season around here is according to my journal about finished . This year I didn't find even one . It is looking like a barren year for an unknown reason , or they are going to be super late . Morrel mushrooms is the only type of mushroom I harvest .

TMT Tactical likes this.