My Favorite Go-to Pain Salve Recipe.

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Justin Baker, Jan 23, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    OKAY! I’ve shared with everybody here instructions on how to make your own easy salve at home, now, I’ll share with you one of my favorite recipes!

Pain Management is something we all have to deal with, whether it be muscle aches, joint pain, back pain, arthritis flare up, or nerve pains. This recipe is from my own notebook and I make sure to always have some made up!

Ginger Cayenne Warming Salve
    1½ cup Coconut Oil
    1 Tablespoon Cayenne Powder
    1 Tablespoon Ginger Root Powder
    1 Tablespoon Turmeric Root Powder

(some optional ingredients:)
    1 Tablespoon Arnica flowers
    1 Tablespoon Eucalyptus
    1 Tablespoon Lavender
    1 Tablespoon Roman Chamomile

Using the base ingredients alone, or with any or all of the optional ingredients of your choice, follow the instructions on my post >HERE< , being once again careful to not burn the ingredients, but to slowly infuse the carrier oil (coconut) with the beneficial oils and nutrients in the herbs.

To Use:
    Take a small bit on your fingers and massage it into the painful area gently. For chronic ailments, like arthritis, I highly suggest daily use in order to see the results fully. I would definitely avoid putting this salve on open cuts or wounds, and definitely do not use near your eyes, mouth, nose, ears, or any other sensitive bits, as it will burn!

Radar, Purple Gumboots and randyt like this.
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    sounds awesome,I have most of the ingredients in the cupboard

Radar and Justin Baker like this.
  3. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Good! I'm always searching garage sales and the like for canning jars to sterilize and use for herb storage!