Natural Soap

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by joshposh, Jun 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Here's a great video on how to use the buffaloberry (Shepherdia canadensis) as soap in the wild. Of course I have never done this before because I have never seen this berry bush before. But I have to share it as hygiene is an issue.

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    The great thing when you’re making your own soap is that you’ve got total control over what goes into it. If you want fragrance-free, it’s easy. If you want a certain holiday scent, then you can create your own blend of essential oils to give you whatever scent you want. You can use just plain olive oil or use a mix of oils to create certain amounts of lather or take advantage of some oils’ skin-softening properties. You can make them fancy for gifts or do my style and make what I call Ugly Soap – totally rough, unsmoothed soap bars that work wonderfully but wouldn’t gain much popularity at the local farmer’s market. It’s totally up to you and your own preferences.