Network Upgrade Coincidence

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 30, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Just reading the start of that article already made me laugh. The Great USA and some folk lost internet connection over network hickup?! Don't people have multiple subscription with different physical network there? Even poor 3rd worlder such as me have 6 internet subscription with one of them routed directly to US (trough Honolulu) while each of the rest are in their own separate physical network infrastructure (all mobile broadband)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

In reply, many, if not most, Americans do not have multiple accounts for web access.

America's population of about a third of a billion people, with about a recent 40 million immigrant infusion, are not rich nor knowledgeable to work the web.

Economic reforms only started recently. We are still lingering under the negative aspects of the 1960s era "cultural revolution" of irrational expectations. The US political establishment had been, until about 4 years ago, unable to address even income inequality to mimic a WWII population segment spalshed with new wealth. The solution, until about 4 years ago, used debt to maintain the irrational expectation and much of the US position in the world was damaged.

So, again, no, even your correspondent and friend here at the Forum, does not have much web access.

Even though you're a poor worker - - - Indonesia is a third world country ?!?! Even though at the Bandung Conference when second world reps were present-Choi En Lai from PR China and Egypt's rep - forgot who - the realignment was starting to show. After Sukarno, major changes started. Allen Pope of USAF can elaborate with expert knowledge.

Indonesia of 2020 is NOT a third world nation.

Although I accept that you're a poor worker on only $6 a day, you are probably the richest Forum Member since wealth used P3 : Purchasing Power Parity.

I can't provide expertise to my above statement but can provide examples to illustrate. When's your next trip to Singapore, a 3 hour flight from Surabaya or the 6 hour flight to Hong Kong ?

To save time, since we Americans are under a quarantine of various regulations precluding much air travel, when will you be in Houston or New York City ? Maybe we can all meet at Galvaston Island, Texas or Trump Tower, NYC.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Definitely to Singapore, because I have few computer things to buy that require face to face meeting with the vendor to arrange shipment & need to pay everything upfront. & in cash

Unlikely to happen for me to even gain entry to USA. First of all I don't speak Mexican, secondly there isn't enough money in my checking account to satisfy the US consulate requirement, thirdly i do not want to fly in any US airline, I've seen too many videos of passengers being abuse by both the airline staffs or authority simply by being "different look / sound" than the person next to them

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Was joking, of course, on the trips.

I wouldn't go near New York City for at least a year plus from now. I saw how the city and surroundings like the 2 Long Island counties and Newark were ruined directly tracable to the politicians.

Soon, Singapore and Hong Kong with have an air travel "bubble" to faciliate trips. This bubble arrangement is discussed here in the US for our safe and less costly travel. It's only at the discussion level now.

TMT Tactical likes this.