New Israeli Mil Pers Vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Feb 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...w-eight-wheeled-armored-monster-weapon-122216

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Had always thought even young M113s were vulnerable.

For Americans, job security would appear to be something with logistics involving the parts for the vehicle.

The Israelis' focus is - maintenance - . Getting someone to downshift the thing and maneuver around missiles is routine. The real skill and experience is MAINTENANCE.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    AH, the bigger is better syndrome. A million parts is a maintenance nightmare. Can anyone say RPG? May not be able to injure the troops inside but certainly stop this troop carrier from advancing.

Caribou likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Makes me think of a display across town at the War Memorial Museum.

There is an exploding diagram of a 9mm German MP 40 machine pistol. I was a bit stunned to find out how many parts were in this famous machine pistol.

Contrast this with the simplicity of the M3A1 grease gun.

Nonetheless....a million parts has to be a maintenance and supply nightmare.

I need one for my garage....no...I need two...one for spare parts.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Those tires look awfully exposed....

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You need tires to run that fast..I don't believe tracks like a tank will do it. Also Tracks would be higher maintenance.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Those tires are probably about like the tires on a forklift and are close to solid with steel reinforcement. They aren't worried about a smooth ride. The old days of marching into battle are done. You want to deliver your troops fast and not lose them in that process. Mines and bombs are just too easy to make or get these days and if you run down a road to a battle the enemy might kill a third of your troops before you got there if they weren't in armor. We have had our noses rubbed in this in Iraq and Afghanistan. The IEDs have town us up. The early regular hummers offer about as much protection as the family car. the Isreali military demonstrated the value of speed in the 6-Day-war. Hit first, hit hard and MOVE!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Seems cops need these puppies. Swedish cops need them to roll into parts of Malmo. American cops need them for South Chicago, plus East St. Louis, plus all the other 3rd-world ghettos in all the rest of American urban areas -- now they have to go in via convoy to support emergency personnel.

As for London, here's a map of the "maybe not a happy place to go if you are white" -- darker the green, the more anti-Western the "culture":
    upload_2020-2-12_22-39-56.png

Were this a pancreatic cancer soft-tissue x-ray, the medical staff would tell the family to "prepare for the worst".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Take a peek at the Russian BTR-80A 14.5 ton but holds only 7 troops...

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.