New Shortwave Set...

Discussion in 'Other Advanced Survival Skills' started by watcherchris, Apr 7, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was curious about a new shortwave set I found on Amazon and ordered two as they were not as expensive as waws my olde Tecsun model 660.

This new shortwave set is a Tecsun Model 368 and it is only about one third the size of my older Tecsun Model 660.....and less expensive as well.

To my surprise it ran off a type of rechargeable cell phone battery.

After charging it...I took it to work with me..and ran through the manual.

This little rig has some kind of digital signal processing in the receiver.

To my astonishment...I found that about 10 pm ...I was able to pick up Alex Jones on 4840 KHZ without using my 40 foot long wire antenna and only with the telescoping antenna built into the radio.

I could not do this most of the time with my older shortwave radio.

Amazon.com: Tecsun Digital PL368 AM/FM/LW/SW Worldband Radio with Single Side Band Receiver (Black) : Electronics

This was a pleasant surprise.

I will begin the process of learning to use the memories for my favorite stations.

Have ordered two spare batteries for this radio.

Pleasantly surprised so far...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Thinking about getting one more of these shortwave radios with a spare battery....as they are so small and compact...also about putting them into a foil wrap...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    friend had some back along, only a couple of miles range and no good here the hills keep getting in the way.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    These matters I leave to my eldest son. I can't comment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This rig is a receiver only ...however..

I note that with the newer digital circuitry...that it is more sensitive in receive with only the built in telescoping antenna than my other older analog type rig. My older rig to get such sensitivity I have to hook it up to a 40 foot piece of external antenna.

In addition to that sensitivity ...the rig is also about one third the size and weight of the older model.

Like my older rig..I can also hook this newer rig up to an external long wire antenna.....and it should work even better.

Nonetheless..I was astonished that it could receive with such clarity .....versus the older receiver.

Amazing what they can do electronically today....I should have realized that when thinking of todays cell phones as compared to some 20 plus years ago.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.