News That's Tied To Current Events

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 22, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/22/new-grateful-dead-14-disc-vinyl-set-is-an-absolute-beauty/

Good afternoon all,

Personal hygiene like hand washing is a big thing now with the COVID-19 disease making the rounds.

The washing requires a minimum of 20 seconds and the method to determine this length is the length of the "Happy Birthday" song.

My premier modification to this is to hum melodies from Jerry Garcia's troupe "The Grateful Dead".

Link tells of a collector's item that is super.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I forgo the 20 sec rule and opting for applying pressure particularly to individual fingers and space between fingers

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I've been a germaphobe for years. Actually haven't had to change any hygiene habits.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I used hand sanitizer for years before the corona virus was even thought of.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In med realm, alcohol based hand-cleaners are omni-present and are SOP. And there are set ways one gowns and gloves. Masks and face shields are required where particulates are the issue. Use hand lotion to keep your skin from going to hell.

Keep your fingers out your nose and eyes.

Toss the surgical gloves, but I've washed my regular gloves. Alcohol eats neoprene and certainly the old vinyl gloves ... yet I find myself doing do. Dead germs and viruses are dead germs and viruses. Hospitals have stopped tossing disposable gowns -- you can use ozone chambers to kill viruses on just about everything. Corona viruses are NOT robust at all. Safety: Vent the ozone to building exterior.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm gonna tell you something that you already know. Bear with me, for I can no more stop myself from saying this than you can stop being afraid of pathogens.

If your immune system sort'a-kind'a works, you're gonna be OK. One's immune system must basically collapse for you to be at risk.

Breathe in. You just sucked into your lungs tens of thousands of nasty pathogens, staph, strep, pneumococcus, ... on and on and on and on ... plus all manner of viruses and cancer-causing chemicals. Your immune system is there to take care of this sh##. Did you know that regular cells adjacent to cancer cells wall-off cancers and release chemicals that cause apoptosis of the cancer cells? The human body is infinitely more complex than most folk understand.

My immune system is actively attacking my own body and I take immunosuppressants to protect me from me. I get less colds and infections than my 30-something co-workers. These drugs can make one more susceptible to the covid virus, however one way covid kills is by setting off a autoimmune storm. Your immune system is SOOOOOOOOOO robust that if it turns on you it can kill you as if you were invading yourself. This is why the hydroxychloroquine is saving the lives of some who have the Covid-19 infection -- some in ICU are having their own immune system attack their lungs and hydroxychloroquine stops the over-reaction of the immune system. I've taken hydroxychloroquine to cool-off my immune system, but it didn't work for me so I'm now taking even more powerful drugs, the same drugs that transplant patients take to keep their immune systems from rejecting the foreign organs. These have worked; my body is now not attacking itself so very very horribly.

If your body is normal, even semi-near-normal, don't worry so much about germs. It's great to wash your hands, but let's face it, Lady McBeth had guilt issues. Trust your immune system. Your immune system simply has THE BEST soldiers. As to this coronovirus, truth be told, 90-yr-olds even 100-yr-olds have beaten it. During ANY flu season, fill-in-the-blank season, people who are obese, out-of-shape, those who have poor diets, those who have multiple health issues, those who smoke, ... all these folk catch the disease de jour and freaking die. In the USA during the flu season of 1957, over 100,000 Americans died (and there sure as H3II weren't 300 million of us back then ... AND many of these people back in '57 were children; I was alive and kickin' in 1957 and I'm alive today).

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    OG, ROFLOL! The reason I'm a "germaphobe" is because I grew up in places and lived in places that were NASTY! The old outhouse built out over the creek here in the mountains or other countries where people would shit on the sidewalks. Wash there dishes down stream from someone pissing in the ditch. Squatting in the rice paddies your having to walk through. And so many more. I've had dysentery from living conditions as well as ring worm.

I don't call myself a germaphobe because I fear germs. I call myself a germaphobe because I am clean and careful how my food is handled and prepared. I have a degree in wildlife biology and had several pre-medicine classes on human physiology and biology as well as advanced medical classes in the army. I'm not afraid. I'm informed.

Thanks for caring and sharing though.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I didn't know, of course. It's a super common phobia. My dad had arachnophobia, fear of spiders.

I've heard of folk having their crapper over a creek. My folk wouldn't drink out of creeks, for you know not what's upstream. A friend of mine drank out a creek; we were way up in the mountains. Some others we were with scouted up ahead of us, further up the creek. There they found a deer's leg lying in that creek. My friend, she felt a bit sick after being told. Dear God, she was so unimaginably beautiful. So brave she was, yet afraid. Never figured her out.

Homey doesn't drink out of creeks.

When at university and taking Microbiology coursework, my cleanliness habits were all confirmed. We humans have stomachs possessing acid levels far higher than herbivores, yet complete carnivores haves stomach acid levels far higher than ours.

We humans really should watch what we eat. Even today, dysentery is the #1 killer of human babies on this planet. History teaches that throughout the millennia, during wars, most deaths are not due to weapons but due to diseases.

"I have a degree in wildlife biology and had several pre-medicine classes on human physiology and biology as well as advanced medical classes in the army. I'm not afraid. I'm informed."

Yep.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've always said in a SHTF event disease will kill far more people that violence will.

Dalewick and howler like this.