"ninja Bomb"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Sep 26, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    What is the difference with using shrapnel? This new payload seem to work using the same principle as the AHEAD munition, the only difference I could guess is, this new payload has very narrow explosive cone. With only enough explosive to propel the shrapnel but not enough to damage its surrounding.

AHEAD munition

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Remember there are 2 distinct aspects of these public articles:

1. The description of the contraption
    and
    2. the concerns to limit "collateral damage", the innocent bystanders at the wedding reception.

Would guess that more time is spent on the focus groups and less so on what the engineers and ordnance folks say about the tech aspects.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Are you folks really falling for this. LOL! Do you really want to tell the tax paying public that your $125,000.00 missile is a dud? Look at the impact patterns on these "new" weapons. It's nothing but a dud Hellfire pancaking into the vehicle. You don't waste a missile on a man if you want only him dead. You send another man to do that.

Haven't we had this exact conversation on another thread?

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Different targets require different tactics.

That's not always possible.
    It's not a "waste" if the target is neutralized.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    48940a9a3f0b868cecd04682d31a6549.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Sending another man doesn't create enough "jobs". Sending 1 (one) dud Hellfire create at least 2 (two) dozen jobs at least in the missile manufacturing alone.

From operational perspective, human team can't loiter around in theatre as long as drone (respond time). You can always have fleet of drone covering a theatre without the need to risk any human. Far cheaper & far less risk than sending any man.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Varuna, I have "loitered" at one spot for 13 days before waiting either on a target for photographs or for a shot. That is a long time to sit in a hide (hole in the ground) while using zip lock baggies or trash bags for your toilet and it feels a lot longer when you have to be constantly on guard for patrols or civilians.
    There will always be a need to send men into harms way. There is a reason U.S. Special forces, Rangers and SEALS are still trained in special reconnaissance tactics. I'll be the first to admit that in there environment drones are great and I will always prefer a drone strike on a target, but drones don't work everywhere or in every situation. I have friends that haven't been retired that long and they were still actively working special reconnaissance when needed. Let me tell you, an E-8 can do a lot of bitching after getting back from sitting in a hole for a week. LOL!

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    True, but no man team could loiter theatre wide for 24 hours/day all year round looking for target of opportunity.

As I had stated in different thread previously. There will always be the need for infantry in whatever form they might came even in the future. Although infantry of the future will most likely resemblance of fusion between man & machine.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

My agreement is completely with Dale.

I must say that besides being possible, it is current for a 1 year wait. You're using the World War 2 views handed down.

I've mentioned that expeditionary forces are being phased out. The locals" are the new soldiers. Recall the term "Phyrric Victory". Mao's "fish in the river" meant locals.

You've even mentioned on some thread, if not above, about "5th column". Regardless of one's belief system, they are soldiers of some sort.

The deep undercover soldier always had some form of technology and still does.

Like some of us preach: Don't prep for the last war.

If this was your field, I'd recommend:

THE COMMUNIST INSURGENT INFRASTRUCTURE IN SOUTH VIETNAM: A Study of Organization and Strategy", [US] Department of the Army Pamphlet 550-106.

The Viet Cong was present before WWII ended.

It was the same in the eastern Med.

A soldier can work a site for more than a year and I can provide guarantees, these soldiers have benchmarks involving every topographic feature in and around the area. Their maps will be more accurate than their enemy's.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  11. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Infantry has changed and special operations has changed a lot. One man may not be able to do much but a team of highly trained and disciplined operators with the needed support, can change the world. Even in my day, blending in to the populace however we needed to and staying on target for as long as needed, was the job.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Snyper

330/345

Blog Posts:
    No one said they do.
    We know "sending in a man" doesn't work all the time either.

As can a single drone.

This is now, not then.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Thank goodness we have a lot of options on the table, including through a host of technology and highly trained and motivated humans.

TMT Tactical likes this.