Not A Pleasant Subject; A Major Public Health Matter

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 17, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-53064651

Good morning all,

Not the most pleasant of public health subjects but a major public health matter.

It's the same issue in the upstart colonies.

Besides grocery and department stores, consider highway rest areas.

Emergency shelters for hurricane evacuations ..... won't even hint at the problems with infections. New view is to rent hotel/motel rooms for evacuees. This has related problems.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    went to (rural) supermarket yesterday, toilets still closed.
    with the virus not completely gone away and a possible second wave with all the idiots going shopping in Primart I don't think i'll be using a public toilet anytime soon.
    apart from food all our buying is online, we are a very long way from any department store!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This really pi$$es me off! I know I shouldn't give a sh##, but still ... I guess I'll just have to wipe this out of my mind.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    This has been a contentious subject in the UK. One can visit a beach but spend a penny.

I suspect, that the councils that run most of the UK's public loos have seized the opportunity to furlough their staff and, to save money, have been deliberately slow to reinstate them.

We cannot be expected to spend our money with proper facilities.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    You are right, Pragmatist. It is not the most pleasant of subjects, but one that must be considered, especially if you have issues. I would certainly agree with the one lady's perspective: "When you have to go, you have to go." You don't have time to go exploring or wait in long lines.

I don't expect anything is being done to improve the situation. This will become part of the new normal. Talk about preparing. You better have a plan before you have the urge.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It might NOT be a problem in China. It is considered normal there for little kids to poop on sidewalks (and it not be cleaned-up). Maybe adults will begin dumping their troubles in public also. They could find relief in their wet markets. I mean, Hu gives a sh##, right.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The future of mankind, face masks and diapers.

TMT Tactical likes this.