"panic Now And Beat The Rush"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...idemic-beans-bullets-and-band-aids-2020-03-02

It's a good overview Prepper article.

Some celebrity personalities are mentioned and quoted.

I agree with Doc Montana.

Yes, get some food that's easy to prepare in case who clan is sick.

I am anti-candle, but if must, a fire extinguisher nearby. The actuaries' reports are just as correct as the WWII stories about depravity.

The follow-on comment by Paul Boboise, CPIM, is not correct. The US has some "secret" agreements with some allied countries. The agreements have worked before and better n ow. One example is petroleum supplies.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    "my motto is panic now and avoid the rush says one prepper", in that case he is no prepper!
    Sheeple panic, Preppers plan.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    This thread was meant to be humors . I thought it was pretty slick and certainly got me to open it up . Of course a prepper wouldn't panic but being ahead of the sheeple in any last minute preparations is a good thing . As members of this forum we should be giving each other a heads up of to what may be to come so we are ahead of the crowd .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a prepper is ALWAYS ahead of the sheeple.

TMT Tactical, Rebecca and poltiregist like this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    IMHO the title of this article is pure sensationalism just to hook people into reading. "How America's Extreme Survivalists are preparing.... " Seriously? Whoever the "extreme survivalists" are they have been preparing for this for years. This is nothing new. It is just the latest event that proves we are doing the right thing. I would dare say there is not a single thing that any one of us here would have to panic buy. We may add to some of our supplies, but if we were quarantined today we would be fine. I know I would.

Right, wrong, or indifferent what a crisis like this does is raise the public awareness that they should be preparing all the time. It shouldn't be a fad that is forgotten when the crisis passes even though that is probably what will happen.

TMT Tactical and Rebecca like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    why is it that when preppers prepare they are seen as paranoid but when something like corono virus occurs or a storm is imminent all the sheeple start panic buying?

Morgan101 and Rebecca like this.
  7. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I know you are correct, and the general consensus is we are paranoid, although, nobody has ever said it to my face. IMHO it is a laughable statement. Why are you paranoid if you prepare? It is not paranoid. It is practical. There are so many aspects of life where you are preparing, and you don't even realize it. Do you have Life Insurance? Why? Do you have Homeowners or Renters or Property Insurance? Why? Do you have Car Insurance? Why? Do you flood or earthquake Insurance? Why? Do you save money for retirement? Do you save money for your kids college education? Do you save money for a rainy day? Job loss? Major expense? Home repair. Auto replacement. Probably dozens of other reasons I can't think of.

We prepare every single day. I for one will scoff at anybody who calls us paranoid.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The wife and I have already sat down and made a list of survival supplies for the possible food shortages . These items are not essential to our survival but would make things more pleasant . Some of those items we collected yesterday but have more to go . A years supply of coffee , cans of fruit , more flour and cornmeal are on the list as well as larger supply of cooking oil . I can catch fish and bake them but we simply prefer our fish fried . All this stuff I term short term " one year or less |" then it would be time to fall back on long term preparations . I honestly don't expect things to get that bad in the U.S. but as a prepper I do as a prepper does and prepare .

Rebecca and Morgan101 like this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was brought up by WW2 parents, everyone but everyone had a larder back then and if someone didn't they were the ones seen as stupid, of course this was before supermarkets and the internet but I have always continued the practise in some form or other over the years, I have several times been left with no money but I have never but never run out of food.

poltiregist and Morgan101 like this.
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I though ot was a good article for non preppers to maybe wake them up and give a little but of advice.

A follow on from this question - why do preppers then put each other down? When we are already viewed as paranoid hoarders?
    Caveat quickly I am not accusing any of you of this! But I am a member of a number of social media prepper and survival groups and they are forever putting each other down or attacking their ideas and preps. Especially over COVID 19.

Poltiregist I think you are spot on with this.

Just my opinion, but why does it matter if a member thinks this COVID 19 is going to be THE event? Some people prep for aliens. Personally I try and prep in a manner that will hopefully get me through any SHTF event but that's just me. Gotten so tired of reading rude nasty condemnations between preppers I have actually left some groups. People seem incapable of constructive criticism.

poltiregist and Morgan101 like this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never been too bothered what THE EVENT might be that causes SHTF, I have always prepared for what comes AFTER, I prep to adapt to whatever the world is like post SHTF.
    if that makes me paranoid to some preppers then so be it.

Morgan101 likes this.
  12. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:

Here! Here! Well said. We should be able to respectfully disagree without making a personal attack. Isn't there an old adage: Opinions are like kids. Sometimes your own aren't the best. Keep an open mind and listen.

poltiregist and Rebecca like this.