Paradise Fire

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 10, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      452/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      377/460

Blog Posts:
    Are you a fire jumper or some other sort of wilderness firefighter? I ask because I have a couple of questions about just that scenario.

1) how far in advance would you need to do your own burn in order to have the advancing fire go around you?

2) how much area would you have to preburn to ensure the advancing fire did not suck all of the oxygen out of your newly burnt "safe zone"?

3) how wide does a creek have to be before a wall of fire cannot jump it?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      377/460

Blog Posts:
    Apparently we can't learn much. The article provides no real information.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      452/460

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Son of Liberty,

I have no wildfire experience.

To continue with 1), 2), 3) and follow-on post:

I would ask a real insurance company these question when doing a property survey. The actual answers and also whether the place and grounds are safe for a policy of insurance, related perils and both health and life insurance from this same company. (All this is in theory; Sacramento stopped real insurance companies from operating in the state.)

For post 2; If all there is to rely on is the article, then the matter is NOT a risk; it is a chance, a gamble, It is not safe. Post 2 involves making decisions under conditions of uncertainty.

TMT Tactical likes this.