Pharma For Covid-19 Research

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://homelandprepnews.com/storie...-being-investigated-for-use-against-covid-19/

Good afternoon all,

Chloroquine started for malaria treatment. This got my attention.

Note in article: " ... domestic manufacturers to ramp up production". I can guess other pharma will also be ramped up so offshore sourcing can be eliminated (mostly).

Note in article: "promising off-label uses of drugs".

I get these named products confused a bit. In the current March-April 2020 pulp issue of DAV Magazine is an article titled "Mefloquine Miscues" by M. Todd Hunter, page 18. Article says that it was known when when licensed for use to sometimes cause ailments to soldier. Mefloquine was previously marketed as "Lariam".

About 40 years ago a LTC - I knew him as a 1LT - sent an article to those of us keeping in touch that the pill we took in Vietnam also used to treat Hansen's Disease, a/k/a Leprosy. Not sure if it was Chloroquine or Mefloquine. Am checking with MDs now (NOT with VA !). We took 1 pill weekly (nicknamed "birth control pill) and in the Central Highlands, an additional daily pill.

At least I'm still here although wearing a sweater and jacket during this warm Virginia afternoon. I'm a little cold.

Regardless of my comfort, I believe the Trump administration will produce something worthwhile made in the U.S.A.