Pleurisy Root For Pneumonia And A Recipe.

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Justin Baker, Feb 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. It inflames the air sacs in either both, or just one, of the lungs. These sacs fill with fluid in the infected person, causing a plegmy cough, coughs with pus, fever, chills, and overall difficulty in breathing. There are a multitude of bacteria, viruses, and fungi that can cause pneumonia.

Pleurisy root has been a well known combatant against pneumonia and its effects on the body. It is a proven inflammation reducer. It improves the secretion of healthy, infection-fighting lung fluid in the pleural membranes of the lungs. It is also known to be a stimulant for the lymphatic system. There are dozens of phytochemicals and phytonutrients contained in the root system of the pleurisy plant. This is the part we'll use in our tea recipe:

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 TSP dried, chopped pleurisy root
    • 2 sprigs of mint, fresh (if using dried mint, use 1 TSP)
    • 1 Pint boiling water
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Boil the water.
    2. Drop the ingredients into the pot, and remove from heat.
    3. Stir the mixture lightly, so that all of the material is immersed in water.
    4. Cover completely. I like to use a bit of saran-wrap and then put the pot's appropriate lid on it. Oxidation is not your friend here while the herbs are steeping. Too much oxidation, and it will lesson the strength of the concoction.
    5. Let sit, undisturbed for 15 minutes.
    6. Add sweetener to taste!
    I recommend one cup, twice per day. As with all my recipes, in sharing them, I gotta let you know that I am not a licensed physician, so before beginning or changing any routines and treatments that can affect your health, it is always a good idea to consult your doctor.if you are taking any prescription drugs for your heart, I recommend you consult your doctor before using pleurisy root, as the interactions with some medications is not recommended.

Feel free to peruse my website, where I do have some other recipes, some tips on wellness in general, and from there you can also purchase herbs and equipment you may require through my affiliate links. I do earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, from those purchases.

https://joynhealth.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    And with what's going around, thought it would be helpful to share!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    ...and aside from that, it IS the season for flus, pneumonia, colds, and the like!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
  5. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    And thus my disclaimer! And as with all the herbs I use, and refer to, dosage amounts are per my own experience. I do usually add specific medication mixing warnings, but was informed that it took away from the concept and point of my herbal posts, and so thus I just refer to the disclaimer itself. But, I do appreciate you doing ample research @F22 Simpilot , as it just proves again why I love this forum over many others I am a member of - y'all do your due diligence! Thank you!

.... Post Updated! ....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020