Prepping And Small Boats!

Discussion in 'Books' started by Dalewick, May 3, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    For anyone that has plans to possibly use a small watercraft (boat) as part of there prepping plans or just has an interest in how the pro's work on the water. This book may be for you. It tells you how to tactically use kayaks and small boats to get in and out of places. As well as how to navigate on the open ocean, near shore and in rivers. It also has information on tactical swim methods and even military diving. I ordered it for a refresher on kayak use a few years back.

51HHv6q5a+L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Kayaks are an incredible tool for moving around on water anywhere you don't want to be seen. The fewer there are, the less your noticed. They are successfully used for (illegally) fishing and hunting in restricted areas, smuggling, evading border patrol and more. Sound useful in prepping to you? I have kayaked at night past alert security patrols (within 50 meters) without ever being noticed. Kayaks are also easy to hide when not in use.

865ac64ece611e2b4ec85cdd86940a8b.jpg
    5baae735c7bb47271a03cea82345977c.jpg

Good luck!

Dale

Morgan101, Rebecca and Old Geezer like this.
  2. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Certainly not my forte, however how good of you to bring this up.

There are so many cultures whose primary means of transportation is via waterways of every sort.

I've entertained the thought that our enemies could pull-off terrorist attacks using such means of transportation to and from a launch position. Hopefully our anti-terrorist crews have taken this into account.

Back when people attended sporting events, I was worried about how easy it would be for a crew of America's enemies to use rivers as a route to accomplish their dark mission. Just think about how many sports stadiums are located immediately adjacent to waterways.

Waterway attacks and mortar team attacks, just never hear people speak of them. Had an uncle who slaughtered the hell out of Germans by being a spotter for mortar teams during WWII. Once, he and his mates were crossing a waterway and were, in reality, just a bunch of sitting ducks ... only God's Mercy saved them.

When the highways are jammed, waterways present themselves as venues for escape.

Dalewick likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not my thing either, the rivers around here are too small, minor tributaries that feed into larger rivers downstream.
    however if anyone is going to use boats of any kind make sure you know how to use them and take a navigation class to brush up on your skills.

6. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    Funny this can up, I have a 17 foot white water canoe , 3 seater. It is 20 years old and it noticed last year the webbing on the seats were worn out. I am now replace all the seat hangers, cross bar and webbing . I like a canoe but my son like kayaks, when i take my canoe out at dusk to go around the lake i can literally surprise people sitting down by the water with how close i can get to them without them being aware of me in a canoe.

Dalewick likes this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The waterways were used by indigenous peoples for centuries before we even got here. I have thought about it, and if I were alone I would definitely make it part of my preps. As long as you have a place to go IMHO it would be a great way to bug out. Given my family situation it would not be practical.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in times pre history the only way to travel in Britain was by boat, the land was covered in huge forests and wild beasts and even wilder humans roamed the forests and it wasnt safe to travel.

TMT Tactical, Dalewick and Morgan101 like this.
  9. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In a S.H.T.F. scenario , inland waterways will see a swell of people along it's course as they congregate near water when it quites flowing out of pipes . Only a few extremely remote waterways will not see a crowd of people along its banks . Now an ocean traveling craft is another matter and sheer distance might make it a viable option . I am thinking more along the terms of the movie " water world " .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Dalewick

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe these will work for your atoll.

a955375fea76e219bb4c7fcb66039788.jpg

e4c5d446ded642b079e0b8eab212c29f.jpg

I would love to see these somewhere. I wonder how stable they are and if they would work in places like the Florida Keys or if they are restricted to lakes and rivers.

Dale